THIS IS HOW THE BIG BANG WAS CREATED

Haha! there is an answer to that!

Although the universe is infinitely large, and contains an infinite number of stars, it is not yet infinitely old.

therefore, light from the further stars has not yet reached us. if it had, the sky would, as you say, be white and blanketed with stars.

Sponsored Links
Haha! there is an answer to that!

To create an infinite universe you would need an infinite amount of time to do so.

Just remember what infinity means.

But the Big Bang theory postulates a defined age since the bang.

Sponsored Links
But if it's not infinite, it must have a perimeter. What's on the other side of that? :eek:

But if it's not infinite, it must have a perimeter. What's on the other side of that? :eek:

I did read some where, that its the human mind which can not grasp the concept of nothing, ie. why does their have to be anything there.

You could ask, what did the universe expand into at the start of the Big Bang.

trazor";p="948412 said:
But if it's not

You could ask, what did the universe expand into at the start of the Big Bang.

This is the point i am trying to answer there was nothing before the big bang no space, bo stars, nothing the space and stars where created at the time of the big bang and the space grew from the big bang, a bit like the chicken & egg question which came first.

I did read some where, that its the human mind which can not grasp the concept of nothing, ie. why does their have to be anything there.

I agree. Our three dimensional space is so familiar to us that we have difficulty imagining anything else. Most of us can, at a pinch, imagine living in two dimensional space but one dimensional space is getting ridiculous and as for none at all -- :confused: :confused: :confused:

We are used to the idea that we can move freely in our space. Physicists and engineers can visualize fields and waves within it, even in a vacuum.:cool: :cool: :cool: 'Nothingness' would allow no movement at all, for there would be nothing through which we could move. :eek: :eek: :eek: No known force could penetrate it either - except maybe gravity. :idea: :idea: :idea: It would be just typical of gravity, which passes freely in and out of black holes, if it alone could penetrate nothing!

Try to picture the birth of the universe according to the Big Bang theory, namely a colossal explosion out of a single point of infinite density. Where are you watching from? From a safe distance of course- but what kind of space are you in? Is there any space at all from which the event could be observed? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Our concept of time is also dubious, based as it is on the idea that certain events happen before or after others. If there are no events to happen, does time have any meaning at all?

Our concept of time is also dubious, based as it is on the idea that certain events happen before or after others. If there are no events to happen, does time have any meaning at all?
Didn't Einstein sort that one out? with his spacetime thingy. ie time is a property of space, so no space no time, or something like that.
I've just read that if you hold up a grain of sand, the area of sky it obscures contains about 10000 galaxies :eek: It was on the back of a bus, so it must be right.

It depends how far it is from your eye. Not very scientific.

Arms length, on the end of your finger. This may not apply to you though as I know you simian types have long arms.

"Look inside my head", said Joe "and prepare to be enlightened by the concept of nothingness" :LOL:

Anyway BOBS BIG BANG theory i have come to the conclusion that i need to do i little bit more work on this wont be long now before i get the answer.

Time is the recording of the passing of an event, ie. the Earth turning one revolution became 24 hours.
You are right, if the universe was TOTALLY dead, with no movement, then time would stand still.

Sponsored Links
Back