This man needs to be banged up

I agree but there was nothing offensive in Bodd's joke.
It. Wasn't. Anti-semitic.
If you address someone as 'Jew', it's a racial slur. If you refer to someone as a 'Jew' it is not a racial slur*. So the word in itself is not a racial slur, it's the application and context of the word that determines its meaning.
Similarly, to address a black person as 'black***', or whatever racist concoction you could think of, is obviously a racial slur. But to describe a black person as 'black' is not a racial slur.
Anyone would see that from one stranger to another, at a bus stop, would not know the ethnoreligious status of the other, and to address a stranger as 'jew' is obviously a racial slur.
Therefore it's safe to assume it's a racial slur in the joke.

*Edit: referring to someone by their ethnoreligious status, when you know their name or position is a racial slur.
Taking a parallel example, if you know the name of the office manager, as Tom, and he's BAME or disabled, and you refer to him as such, when in discussion with others who also know his name, it would be a racial slur.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have Cerebral Palsy.

Is it wrong for me to make a joke about CP?
It's obviously not wrong to laugh, make fun, etc. about your own condition.
When you laugh, make fun etc. at others similar condition, it could be construed as wrong.
It depends on the context. If you are doing it in front of people who do not have that condition, for them to laugh at people with that condition, is it politically correct?
If you are doing it in front of a group of people with that condition 'to lighten the mood, etc,' is it incorrect?
I would suggest the answer is 'no', in both cases.
The final answer is, would you be prepared to stop and apologise if anyone objected, or if you detected that someone was uncomfortable with your brand of humour?

Sponsored Links
Sacha Baron Cohen mocks Jews in order to mock anti-Semites. He turns the tables very effectively. This is by a person who's grandfather survived the Holocaust. The woke society needs to loosen up a bit, it is danger of causing further divide. I would agree that Wiley is very much anti-Semitic though, he appears to have genuine hate for Jewish people. The same could be said for people that describe white people as "white privileged". It is meant with negativity in mind and also promotes further division.

Sacha Baron Cohen mocks Jews in order to mock anti-Semites. He turns the tables very effectively. This is by a person who's grandfather survived the Holocaust. The woke society needs to loosen up a bit, it is danger of causing further divide. I would agree that Wiley is very much anti-Semitic though, he appears to have genuine hate for Jewish people. The same could be said for people that describe white people as "white privileged". It is meant with negativity in mind and also promotes further division.
He does talk a lot of sense that guy.(SBC)

I think what they actually mean by "white privilege" is an unearned benefit. This gets subtly reinforced through society. It's not racist to suggest it exists but it is racist to say it is a primary cause of the current situation many Black people face on a daily basis.

There is a great deal of nuance but people forgoe that for simpler explanations as described in Adam Curtis's wonderful documentarty - Hypernormalisation.

I think what they actually mean by "white privilege" is an unearned benefit. This gets subtly reinforced through society. It's not racist to suggest it exists but it is racist to say it is a primary cause of the current situation many Black people face on a daily basis.

There is a great deal of nuance but people forgoe that for simpler explanations as described in Adam Curtis's wonderful documentarty - Hypernormalisation.

If somebody calls me white privileged it is most likely meant in an antagonistic way and is widely seen as such (oddly it was a white person that called me this?). I also find it offensive because my early years were a very long way from being privileged indeed and my situation was directly caused by my families religious beliefs. Most importantly though referring to a person in anyway antagonistic, based on their skin colour is racism by definition. This is something that is now very prominently used in recent times and is overtly intended to antagonize in most cases because people are being "accused" of being white privileged to their face rather than an "unearned benefit" being used as part of a general discussion.
The tweets by Wiley were specifically accusing Jewish privilege and were, quite rightly regarded as racist, hence why I mention white privilege in it's current use. I can't watch the video currently as it is blocked by my employers servers, I will watch it later though.

Have you? Or just saying it..As said before,seems to be ok for gays to tell gay jokes,disabled tell disabled jokes etc..So,Yes.
Yes, I do.

There are many degrees and mine, though I would by no means say mild, is nearer that end of the scale.

Amongst the biggest struggles I face are my right hand side is much weaker than my left, I have difficulty walking, have very poor balance and I am very clumsy and drop or spill things all the time.

Sponsored Links
Back