This man needs to be banged up

Sponsored Links
Sadly Bodd,those days are long gone.A black can tell jokes about blacks.Jews about jews,disabled about disabled,gay about gay,but never any crossover.

I have to say, any of the above who use their 'condition/status/tendencies etc, etc, to try to be comedic about it do not sound funny at all to me.
Nish Kumar is a prime example. Everything he says is related to his colour/religion/ethnicity or people of similar characteristics. He gets away with it but someone like Miles Jupp saying those things about him would be castigated. A woman who is disabled, (think she has cerebral palsy), also makes 'jokes' about herself and others in a similar position and she also rants about not being allowed to do something because she is disabled. It is a very uneven playing field out there, not just in the world of comedy but many other places. Another example, I think his name is Tom Collins, gay bloke on Mock the Week who is always going on about his rights as a gay person and a couple of women who are gay doing the same sort of thing.

There are very few stand up comedians who do not use their status, (for want of a better phrase), to try and get laughs. They just leave me cold.

Sponsored Links
My fav stand up in recent times is a Oz chap who sadly no longer tours in the UK that I know of. He lived in Manchester for quite a while and did the circuit, saw him 3 times :) Sarcastic observational comedy, my fav type.

My fav stand up in recent times is a Oz chap who sadly no longer tours in the UK that I know of. He lived in Manchester for quite a while and did the circuit, saw him 3 times :) Sarcastic observational comedy, my fav type.

Very good

I have Cerebral Palsy.

Is it wrong for me to make a joke about CP?

I'm on a job years ago. One of the builders men was a black man called Rob. Built like a brick but pleasant with it.

The fella Gary, we was working for had guns. We had to move them and the gun case for work to carry on.

As Gary gets a rifle out Rob asks to hold it.
I then screamed at the top of my voice "No oooooo"

Everyone stops stiff still and looks at me with fear in their faces....

I said "don't ever give a black man a gun"

Silence for a second and Rob starts cracking up laughing. This gave the rest of us reason to laugh..

It was funny (you had to be there)

And of course it could have backfired on me. But I have this way about me that can get away with things like that.

The moral of my story is. A joke off the cuff can be very funny. Me keep making black jokes becomes boring and tiresome and may well get me a punch.

For the short period of time I knew Rob, we got on and laughed I never cracked a black man joke again.

Nish Kumar and the fella with the wonky eye can be funny but they go on about skin colour too much and it becomes boring tiresome and offensive eventually. What's more boring is their mainly white **** BBC audience.

Sponsored Links
Back