Tier 3 for London and parts of Essex and Hertfordshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Compared with and to what you have measured, therefore it is calculated from the number of known cases.

So, unknown numbers of untested and/or asymptomatic people before and after a date might surely influence the R number thus rendering it meaningless other than a reference to the number of known cases.

It is not really, is it?
Can you work out how fast you are going 'now' if you do not know the speed (number of cases) at the beginning of the test? I.e. R = 1.5 therefore speed = 1.5 x what?

How do they calculate the R number if they don't know how many cases there were and are 'now'?

No it isn't.
All of your objections just go to accuracy. It isn't perfect but that doesn't mean useless.

Also you miss the surveys that are performed where tests are performed proactively to try to get a sample of the population, just like an opinion poll.

Everything you've said has been identified, weighed and mitigated by much better mathematicians than you or I.

Ah, the relentless trolling by an ignorant old man who hates being shown up time after time for the pathetic and uninformed individual it actually is...

I used to have a saying that 'there are no stupid people, only those needing help'...

You break that rule!
I don’t understand your reply to my question. I’ll try again. If the pandemic is the reason that stopped you going, when it is over does that mean you will be on your merry way? Simple question requiring just a yes or no answer. Have a go.

Don't get too comfortable there, Eddie.
I've been in Blackpool today, and our manager up that way said they were going into tier 4 (which I didn't know existed).

Not heard that, but it might be true, seems a bit harsh though. Infection rates :-

Pillar-12-cases-29-Nov.png

Sponsored Links
Lally has no point. His only point is to continue to knock the country that he is unable to leave because his partners country won’t accept him as a resident. He should be knocking Iceland - they’ve compounded his misery.
That's not a reason. We have up to July next year to apply for settled status.
Although you do need to prove that you are settled in EU before 31/12/2020. Just energy or water bills are sufficient.

My wife was teaching piano at a primary school today,
Blimey!
We've not been allowed face-to-face teaching since April!
It's all been internet based, and student numbers are well down on last year's levels, due to reluctance on the students' (or their parents) enrolling.

Jeez! You must be super high risk to be that scared.

Just cautious. Have elderly parents and in-laws that I want to keep alive, and I have no need to sit in a pub or pop to Primark, and no desire to eat at McDonalds, so it really is no hardship. But if you want to interpret that as being scared, that's entirely your choice.

That's not a reason. We have up to July next year to apply for settled status.
Although you do need to prove that you are settled in EU before 31/12/2020. Just energy or water bills are sufficient.
We’ll ask him why he can’t settle before that date. He’ll give you one excuse after the other. His big "I’m off, f uck you lot" post was all p iss and wind, just like the man himself!

I don’t understand your reply to my question. I’ll try again. If the pandemic is the reason that stopped you going, when it is over does that mean you will be on your merry way? Simple question requiring just a yes or no answer. Have a go.
Unfortunately there is now no single yes or no answer...

Before the 'virus' it was yes...

Unfortunately given the problems/delays caused by the virus, a minor thing called brexshit will kick in which rather complicates matters as regards work and healthcare to name but a couple of examples...

So now I've answered that, how about you STFU about the subject and go find a few useful opinions...

All by yourself of course - which I appreciate will be hard for you ;)

Unfortunately there is now no single yes or no answer...

Before the 'virus' it was yes...
No problem. I’ll check back with you when it’s all clear if only to laugh at your next excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back