Time travel

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
one day it will be ;possible to time travel

but if you travel into the past u will never be able to come back to the time that u left ?

wonder what happens after you snuff it ?

thats it ? or some thing else ? another time zone ? :confused::confused::confused:

Photons have no mass.

We are talking about matter. It would take an infinite amount of energy so it falls down at the first hurdle. Matter and light speed is impossible, the laws of physics wont allow it.

Seemingly so, wasn't aware of that, yet they are affected by gravity and as they have no mass they have no energy. All very odd.

Not so, @EddieM, at least to my (lack of) understanding on the subject.
Light "travels" as a wave ; the photon is the manifestation of its detection. Until light is detected / observed, it is purely a wave.

If its possible, I think it may only be possible to observe. By getting ahead of the light, by faster than light speed travel you could look back upon yourself as you were and see your actions as the light catches up. In this way you are observing a previous state in time, but you cannot influence it as you've simply jumped ahead of what has already happened. It would be like seeing the flash of lightning before hearing the thunder. You cannot stop the thunder.

If its possible, I think it may only be possible to observe
But that is the paradox and where the theory proves that light speed or faster is impossible.
Time and light speed are intrinsically linked. If it were theoretically possible to accede light speed then it would be theoretically possible to travel backwards in time.

Time travel is indeed possible and happens all the errr time. GPS satellites atomic clocks for instance are 8 microseconds behind per day than atomic clocks on earth. Adjustments have to be made constantly for positioning information to be accurate.

Is that time travel?

I used to have a clock that lost a lot more time than that.
Gravity used to impede the hands from 6 to 12.

Seemingly so, wasn't aware of that, yet they are affected by gravity and as they have no mass they have no energy. All very odd.
Not quite. E=mc^2 is misunderstood a bit. It's a conversion like converting from Kg to Lbs. If something has energy then that's the same thing as having mass.

Which is why gravity is able to interact with light.

Not quite. E=mc^2 is misunderstood a bit. It's a conversion like converting from Kg to Lbs. If something has energy then that's the same thing as having mass.

Which is why gravity is able to interact with light.

Huh?

Sponsored Links
Back