Is Time Travel Possible?

Speaking of astronauts due to sanctions imposed on Russia they have threatened to leave the American guy on the space station when they vacate it in a few weeks time

Sponsored Links
Nonsense, it's happening all the while with fast moving satellites.
You and your brother each have a watch which is set and runs to exactly the same time. One of you goes and spends time on a satellite. When you return, your watch tells a different time - because of time dilation. But you are still in the same 'time' relative to each other - because of relativity. It doesn't matter how long you are apart or how fast you travel, you're never going to be able come back and tell your brother the lottery numbers. You haven't travelled in time.

Sponsored Links
You and your brother each have a watch which is set and runs to exactly the same time. One of you goes and spends time on a satellite. When you return, your watch tells a different time - because of time dilation. But you are still in the same 'time' relative to each other - because of relativity. It doesn't matter how long you are apart or how fast you travel, you're never going to be able come back and tell your brother the lottery numbers. You haven't travelled in time.

Please get out of your head the "Star trek/Beano/Movies" version of time travel, where you pop in and out of a different time dimension.

It does not work that way.

Real time travel is about relative speeds and can be nano seconds to years, dependant upon the technology to achieve the required speed.

Please get out of your head the "Star trek/Beano/Movies" version of time travel, where you pop in and out of a different time dimension.

It does not work that way.

Real time travel is about relative speeds and can be nano seconds to years, dependant upon the technology to achieve the required speed.
Jeds is spot on. I'm not sure what you think you're objecting to.

When I shuffle off this Mortal coil, I will be sure to let Einstein and Hawking know your revelations, discovered whilst pointing brickwork.
They’ll be too busy pizzing themselves regards your incoherent ramblings and your desperately trying to pass off time dilation as time travel.

Pointing can be therapeutic, you need to try it.(y)

Sponsored Links
Back