To hardwire or not to hardwire my oven?

and who said camping wasnt fun........................... :eek: :LOL:
carry-on-camping.jpg

Sponsored Links
Use 6mm throughout and keep the full rated RCBO so you dont have to mess with it later.

Fit a 45A CCU (though personally i prefer the single gang type with no socket, as my link above, because i think that's a stoopid place to want a socket).

Fit a dual backbox with two single sockets - not a double box with a double socket. That way you can change either just one, or both sockets later with cable/flex outlets as required by whatever you might fit.

Put the two singles where I suggested so you can easily inspect your non-broken fuses to your hearts content.

Just bl**dy well get on with it :) :p

Cheers Liam.

Thanks everyone for the advice etc - now after all that - do you think i should get some one in to do it :LOL:

Just kiddin - i will do as you said Liam - one upside is that i get to keep that plug that i paid for on the bloody cooker! - cheapskate arent i!

Dont fancy those CCU's with a socket either (with them, is the socket powered from the same 6mm supply - just wondered) so i will more than likely stick to a single gang one.

Two single sockets in a double box - plug the sodding lot in and have done with it! :LOL: :LOL:

Same 6mm throughout and leave the CU RCBO alone.

Suppose its not exactly what i wanted but at this rate, who gives a stuff as long as it all works otherwise i'll be after BAN's little cooker!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back