to magnaclean or to not magnaclean, that is the question?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with heckling,we always show the customer how to open the magnaclean and clean it out and normally let them have go while we supervise them so they are confident to do so

We also run through all boiler controls and how to obtain optimum efficiency from their new boiler,this is part of the job and the commisioning so none of us are actually doing the customer favour

Its not matter of prices and heckling we charge what we charge and its all open and transparent i don't use this forum to ply my trade and if anyone feels they need to get hold of me their is an email address in the profile

If i need to use this forum for advertising and getting future customers then i shall do exactly what you do,but without insulting and derogatory remarks about alot of other installers to try and make myself look like i am something special

If I fit one I arrange to stop by a couple of weeks later to check it and show the customer how to do it again. I need to cover ongoing customer care within our installation charge. Many installers are gone for good once they get paid!

Tony

Oh my goodness, do I need to check it. No one has suggested that I do anything to it. Are there any instructions available as to what to do?

Yep - my installer got paid and then is gone for good.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Happyplumber. How often should the servicing of the Magnaclean be done?

Thats what I advise on when I return after a couple of weeks.

It all depends on how much is picked up.

Perhaps after 2, 4, 8 weeks then 6 mth and then annually. But it all depends. No point in opening if there is nothing to clean out.

Tony

Nobody was criticizing any particular 'installer', i have to say that there are some p*ss takers out there who although properly registered, qualified etc not only charge mega bucks but do lazy and dangerous standards of work - a big firm fitted a boiler in a school I was caretaking in and the bloody thing was held on the wall by the pipes and only one screw! When i pointed this out to them via the school secretary they got all arsey about it (yet they did come back and put some more screws in). When plumbers make big bucks quickly, some get carried away with the cashflow and get away with shoddy work cos they are qualified and insured.

basically new or old systems.we give an option to the customer.agreed it shouldnt.be needed on a new install, but who knows what will happen down the line. e.g customer adds new rad, forgets inhibitor.boiler prv lets by a customer keeps topping up everyday, forgetting new water is being introduced. etc ect.basically what im getting at, its there to help against future problems if they occur.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back