Tools you cannot work without?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am on my second year of my C&G 2330. I'm slowely building up my tool collection and try to make the most of my birthday and Christmas to give them a boost!
Well with them both looming I was wondering if there was any tools that you cannot work without?
I have most of the basic things but was curious to if there were any little gems out there?

Sponsored Links
a length of lid from mini trunking.

Radio with a decent battery.

Flask

my mate Paul, hes a proper tool, but a great worker

I have an armeg, socket sinking set, with SDS bit, circular cutter and single socket sinker.
SDS Hammer drill with rotary action helps with these :)
It's a bit messy but saves lots of time.

Sponsored Links
I like my pvc pipe cutters. They cut round and oval pvc conduit up to 25mm and they have notch so you can hold and cut mini trunking up to yt2, all with a neat straight edge.
Oh and a headlight. ( not sure how bright those Marlboro lights are in a loft :LOL: )

image.php

picture.asp

picture.asp

If you struggle with 4mm screws in the back of besa boxes, I would suggest a Split Screwdriver, in my whole career I have never met someone else who owns one.

If you struggle with 4mm screws in the back of besa boxes, I would suggest a Split Screwdriver, in my whole career I have never met someone else who owns one.

I own one, found it in a closed down factory, very handy, also may I suggest a bush spanner, and a bit of bent rebar for knocking round skirtings and plaster mouldings

I have a bush king which is about 20 years old, doesn't fit the modern lighter gauge bushes too well. Still ok stripping out older stuff. Don't know whether the new ones are a different size.

Bushes are so thin now mine slips.
The really old style with the slot is proberly better now if you can still get em.
Do they stilll make ones for milled edge lockrings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back