Torques for 2004 Bora TDI wishbone arm bolts please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just need to know how tight the front/rear bolts and lower drop link bolt need to be.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gents.
Do you comply with the VW rule of using new bolts?
I got the bolt set for £11 - Febi 24374

Sponsored Links
The lower ball joint peg nut is fun!

Only accessible with an open ender which of course just slips. Had to chisel the nut to loosen it then spin it off with vice grips.

Are you talking about the bottom swivel nut here.....new ones having 3 bolts rather than rivets?
I seem to remember getting in with a 17 or 19mm combination spanner without too much problem.
John :)

Yes, the bottom swivel nut. The ball's peg was too near the CV to get a ring end on.

A tip may be to put a jack under the wishbone to compress the suspension, so the joint moves away from the CV a little.
I've done one before and don't recall issues like yours.

Job's stopped!

The front bush in the o/s arm is not central, too much to the rear, so will not fit in the subframe bracket once the rear bush is fitted.

The nuts for the rear bush bolt in the bolt set I got are also the wrong size.

Another return!

full

Local factors have Naper (own brand, allianceautomotive.co.u) and Delphi. The other has Moog in stock. All c/w ball joint.

Thanks for the pic!
The suspension does look to be on full droop there so my idea of a jack under the wishbone may give you better access (or not).
I'm sure I used a combination ring on the car I did....a Jetta I think - if there's such a thing?
I do rate Delphi stuff, haven't heard of the others. Keep up the good work, and happy New Year to you!

I think if you slacken the drive shaft nut, you'll be able to slide the CV joint back far enough to get your ring spanner on.

Sponsored Links
Back