Touch switch wiring help on 2 way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,
I recently moved house and took an Crabtree touch switch with me from my old house.

I have come to install it today in my new house and stumbled upon a possible problem.

I want to fit the the switch in our front room which has two switches in the room one on a far wall and one on the entry wall, both controlling one light.

The other side has a dimmer (normal type)

When I took off the switch to be replaced I was presented with three wires, yellow, red and blue

When I looked at the switch I say what you see below

I think that I may need a 2way one gang (struggling to find one) and I think this Crabtree is a 1 way

Any ideas welcome?

Thank you

780a1a90.jpg

Sponsored Links
And the switch itself has a connection for a slave dimmer and says it can be used in a 2-way circuit if it has one of those.

Best to buy a slave unit for it.

Sponsored Links
And the switch itself has a connection for a slave dimmer and says it can be used in a 2-way circuit if it has one of those.

Best to buy a slave unit for it.

Is it specifically called "slave" unit or do they come in a two pack? One master and one slave

It is called a slave dimmer, but IIRC Crabtree have just used another maker's touch dimmer innerds on their style front. It might be Varilight but there's no guarantees.

I do not believe that Crabtree sell a slave version.

as i said earlier
Best to bin it (or use it soemwhere else) and buy a standard dimmer.

But it says on the back of the switch it is suitable for 2 way use. Maybe they are the wrong MIs?

Of course it's varilight...It says Doyle and Tratt on the back of it!!!!

The MIs say it is for use on

one way circuits

and we wouldn't want to contravene the MIs, would we? ;)
1) We do not know that the switch the OP has is the same one covered by those instructions.

2) We cannot be certain that that 3rd-party website has scanned all of the pages of the original instructions.

3)
t308971.jpg

Just got to wire them in now :D :unsure:
This and the MI's should give you a starter for ten.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Systems/TouchRemote.htm[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
Ive got a real problem though and im scratching my head on how to fix it.

Ive wired in both switches, the master works fine but the slave does nothing when you touch it?

Heres the wiring>

Slave:
Yellow wire (assumed slave)
Red wire (assumed live)
Blue wire (summed netural)

Master
Blue and red wire (assumed netural)
Red and red wire (assumed live)
Yellow wire (assumed slave)

Like I say the master works fine, ive checked the slave for loose wires and nothing seems to be loose.

Any ideas? Fault finding?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back