Trade with EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Well, I suppose you should ask Joe what he thinks of your paranoia. I bet you don't

Sponsored Links
You do keep asking me for them though..
I'm consistently and continually asking you for validation of your previous assertions. But you just give me more of the garbage (piffle even, I like that word! More descriptive!)) that's in your head. I don't want that! I want substantiation of your previous assertions!

Show me where he has said what new markets the anti-EU campaigners think can make up for a reduction of trade with the EU.
Show us something which confirms, beyond any reasonable doubt, that there would be any significant reduction of trade with the EU.

Show us something which confirms, beyond any reasonable doubt, that there wouldn't be any significant reduction of trade with the EU.

It is generally accepted, except by rabid anti-EU campaigners, that by resigning from the EU, we would lose the advantages of membership, and trade would become to some extent less easy, and to some extent more expensive. Nobody knows to what extent. Are you seriously going to say you think otherwise?

You yourself suggested that if the terms of the new treaty were too arduous, UK should stop trade with EU altogether. Which would be much worse for UK than it would be for EU.

Or, as that twit Jonesie Dave would say "Google it and find the evidence yourself"

I'm sure PBC has some suggestions as well, as he suggested dumping the EU.
What I've actually suggested is that all the pro-EU talk about withdrawing from the EU resulting in all that lost trade is just scaremongering tactics to try and swing people over to saying "Well, we'd better stay in then if that's what would happen."

I do not believe that withdrawal from the EU would result in any substantial loss of trade.

I do not believe that withdrawal from the EU would result in any substantial loss of trade.
Why not?

Do you think the members of the EU would be as generous and co-operative to outsiders as they are to themselves?

Do you have any grounds for your belief?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back