Trade with EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware, before we joined the trading club that became the EU, we did trade with many other countries (and still do) I'm sure after reading your answers, Barack Obama is going to insist that we start using US dollars as our currency. China will no doubt insist that all communications with them are in Mandarin. Russia will want payment in roubles and Australians will insist that any trade agreement with them includes the words, "Strewth cobber" and we call all our women "Sheila's"
Wait for you-know-who to dismiss that as "irrelevant" because somehow the EU is different......

Sponsored Links
I do not believe that withdrawal from the EU would result in any substantial loss of trade.
Why not?

Do you think the members of the EU would be as generous and co-operative to outsiders as they are to themselves?

Do you have any grounds for your belief?
The EU isn't generous in any way, it would be up to us to be equally mean to them

I do not believe that withdrawal from the EU would result in any substantial loss of trade.
Why not?

Do you think the members of the EU would be as generous and co-operative to outsiders as they are to themselves?

Do you have any grounds for your belief?
Because member countries of the EU would still want to buy British-made goods and would still want to sell their goods to the U.K. Just as happened all the time between the U.K. and the then-members of the EEC prior to 1973.

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm aware, before we joined the trading club that became the EU, we did trade with many other countries (and still do) I'm sure after reading your answers, Barack Obama is going to insist that we start using US dollars as our currency. China will no doubt insist that all communications with them are in Mandarin. Russia will want payment in roubles and Australians will insist that any trade agreement with them includes the words, "Strewth cobber" and we call all our women "Sheila's"
Wait for you-know-who to dismiss that as "irrelevant" because somehow the EU is different......
Lets's go round and round again.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is generally accepted, except by rabid anti-EU campaigners, that by resigning from the EU, we would lose the advantages of membership, and trade would become to some extent less easy, and to some extent more expensive. .
And as has been mentioned numerous times already, whatever small advtanages exist through membership are more than offset by the many, many disadvantages. And that includes the expense.

It is generally accepted, except by rabid anti-EU campaigners, that by resigning from the EU, we would lose the advantages of membership, and trade would become to some extent less easy, and to some extent more expensive. .
And as has been mentioned numerous times already, whatever small advtanages exist through membership are more than offset by the many, many disadvantages. And that includes the expense.
Let's spend the money again, and again, and again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It won't make up for the applied EU import tariffs, but no matter, we can spend it multiple times over. Problem solved. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because member countries of the EU would still want to buy British-made goods and would still want to sell their goods to the U.K.
That is a reason why trade would not cease.

It does not mean that trade would be as easy and cheap.

As you know, trade with EU increased enormously since we became a member, and is now more than half our trade.

Now you're being silly.

As you know, Switzerland recently had to agree to obey EU banking laws, even for transactions outside the EU, as a condition of being allowed to trade with the EU. Are you going to try to deny that? Do you think that UK would not have to do the same?

Why do you keep pretending you don't know?

Is it because you are deceitful? Or do you have some other reason?

So you're going for the "stop trading with the EU" option.

Interesting.

Are you going to answer?

"Why do you keep pretending you don't know?

Is it because you are deceitful? Or do you have some other reason?"

Just to go back to jock's nonsensical argument based on misguided fallacy. Most of his arguments are, but that's another story.
Of course there are conditions applied to international trade.
We apply all sorts of conditions, such as to Iran based on their Nuclear ambitions, to Russia based on their territorial ambitions, to China based on their Human Rights, to Far East based on their child labour, to South America based on their sustainability, to India based on green technology, etc. The list goes on and on and on.
I'm sure there'll be a similar list that applies to us.

Which proves that jock's idea of conditions not existing is pure fantasy. His ideas of such conditions are childish imagination.Then to base his argument on such fantasy, well that's lunacy and laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back