Trade with EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can Google what we say to confirm that we are telling the truth.... But he won't

I've been blocked from the migrant thread so I'm outa here. Don't bother replying to this thread as I won't be back until the summer, if at all.

It looks like joe couldn’t stay away. He consistently made ridiculous claims but pointedly refused to provide substantiation or validation. Always saying “Google it for yourself...Bet he won’t.”

Do a Google.

You've got google haven't you?

Google it yourself - there's no shortage.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Do a Google - see what you find.

It's on the statute book mate - the law was changed. Do a Google for once.

I don't Google the info, I have a good memory and read a lot.

There’s pages and pages of joe’s quotes like this.

He doesn't have the integrity or sincerity to admit he’s addicted to GD forum and telling lies.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What I actually said was:
"I suspect however the EU workers whose livelihoods rely on the selling of those 175,000 cars to the UK, would have something to say if the EU bureaucrats decided to halt their production lines whilst protracted 'trade negotiations' were held."
The first comment is a fair comment. however, to then proceed to this leap of unexplainable logic:
If you consider that the production lines will continue to supply the UK after Brexit, then you will also agree that post Brexit trade negotiations will progress to the benefit of both UK and EU.
Completely unfounded supposition, based on the previous statement.
What you are suggesting is that the EU workers would complain if they had no work, then somehow making a leap of faith to say that there will be a trade deal.
That's tantamount to saying the production lines serve only to provide imports to UK, which is clearly nonsense.

"I suspect however the EU workers whose livelihoods rely on the selling of those 175,000 cars to the UK, would have something to say if the EU bureaucrats decided to halt their production lines whilst protracted 'trade negotiations' were held."
The first comment is a fair comment. however, to then proceed to this leap of unexplainable logic:
If you consider that the production lines will continue to supply the UK after Brexit, then you will also agree that post Brexit trade negotiations will progress to the benefit of both UK and EU.
What you are suggesting is that the EU workers would complain if they had no work, then somehow making a leap of faith to say that there will be a trade deal.
That's tantamount to saying the production lines serve only to provide imports to UK, which is clearly nonsense.

Nowhere have I suggested that their production lines only serve the EU market. You are making an incorrect assumption to try and support your losing argument. The EU car manufacturing production lines generate far more than the figure quoted above, but the 175,000 cars produced for the UK market is a significant number, supporting thousands of EU jobs. There is no way they will stop producing these cars from the day of Brexit. They will continue to manufacture and sell, we will continue to buy and the EU workforce will continue to earn an honest crust. In the mean time the UK/EU trade negotiations will progress at short order. Your blinkers are blinding you of the fact that we will continue to trade with the EU from Brexit day.

Sponsored Links
your suggestion that EU bureaucrats would (or indeed could) decide to halt production lines is pure fantasy.

your suggestion that EU bureaucrats would (or indeed could) decide to halt production lines is pure fantasy.

So you agree with me then JohnD that we will continue to trade post Brexit.......welcome to the Brexit gang :)

Nowhere have I suggested that their production lines only serve the EU market. You are making an incorrect assumption to try and support your losing argument. The EU car manufacturing production lines generate far more than the figure quoted above, but the 175,000 cars produced for the UK market is a significant number, supporting thousands of EU jobs. There is no way they will stop producing these cars from the day of Brexit. They will continue to manufacture and sell, we will continue to buy and the EU workforce will continue to earn an honest crust. In the mean time the UK/EU trade negotiations will progress at short order. Your blinkers are blinding you of the fact that we will continue to trade with the EU from Brexit day.
You have a) suggested that EU production lines will stop, and b) that this stoppage will be caused by a Brexit.
Only you have made such an assertion.
I've no such blinkers. I've always argued that we'll continue to import EU goods. If we don't we'll go the same way as Cuba. We'll have to continue to import parts, components and materials from EU. We may have to pay the extra price for them due to any import tariffs applied by UK, but we'll still buy them. We must otherwise our own lines will stop!
However, because we're spending more on them, especially in case of devaluation, we'll have less to spend on other, possibly home-produced goods. That will affect, eventually our GDP and theirs, but theirs by a significantly minor amount.
It's the export of goods and services to EU that will be significantly affected!

But we've made this argument time and time again. You're just distorting our argument, by suggesting some fantastical notion of EU stopping production lines.

So you agree with me then JohnD that we will continue to trade post Brexit.......welcome to the Brexit gang :)
Of course trade will continue. It must, but at what cost, to us?
You're creating nonsensical scenarios and trying to disprove them.
Perhaps you should hold a debate all on your own.:rolleyes:
I think you've even confused yourself. :rolleyes:

I have never suggested (as PBC has) that trade would cease.

However, it will naturally not be as easy as when you are in the club, so a reduction of some size is bound to occur, as will an increase in some costs.

New treaties will have to be negotiated, we don't know how long that will take or what the results will be. Naturally the 27 nations of the rEU will be anxious to obtain the maximum benefit for themselves, and will be relatively untroubled by a reduction of some proportion, because trade with UK is a small percentage of EU trade. It will be much more serious for UK, as more than half UK trade is with EU, so UK has much more to lose, and a small reduction would have a big impact. Anti-EU campaigners who claim that nothing will change are only fooling themselves.

In the long run, EU regulation will continue to develop, and will naturally be set to benefit the members of the EU, of which UK will no longer be one. UK will not be in the conference room thrashing out the rules and protecting UK's interests. It will be standing outside waiting to see what is handed down. It is much better for UK to be a member and to participate in framing the rules.

Doug is talking absolute nonsense when he suggests that EU "bureaucrats" would or could close down factories.

Wow Himaginn, you are as paranoid as your partner John.. Fist I am someone called Grouchie, then I am Davie Grouch, then I am callmedavefornow, then I'm a guy called B&I, now I'm a guy called Joe 90. Not only are you paranoid but rude and belligerent. No wonder you spend so much time here, I guess that no one in the real world wants to talk to you...

I know I have posted this for John but this song applies to you too..

However, it will naturally not be as easy as when you are in the club, so a reduction of some size is bound to occur, as will an increase in some costs.

New treaties will have to be negotiated, we don't know how long that will take or what the results will be. Naturally the 27 nations of the rEU will be anxious to obtain the maximum benefit for themselves, and will be relatively untroubled by a reduction of some proportion, because trade with UK is a small percentage of EU trade. It will be much more serious for UK, as more than half UK trade is with EU, so UK has much more to lose, and a small reduction would have a big impact. Anti-EU campaigners who claim that nothing will change are only fooling themselves.

In the long run, EU regulation will continue to develop, and will naturally be set to benefit the members of the EU, of which UK will no longer be one. UK will not be in the conference room thrashing out the rules and protecting UK's interests. It will be standing outside waiting to see what is handed down. It is much better for UK to be a member and to participate in framing the rules.

Doug is talking absolute nonsense when he suggests that EU "bureaucrats" would or could close down factories.
You'll never move forwards if you keep back peddling

I wonder what nonsense is going through Davie Ice's "brain"

You'll never move forwards if you keep back peddling
I wonder what nonsense is going through Davie Ice's "brain"
Look above, we can get a pretty good idea what is going round in yours and Himaginn's

If Fire and Jones was the sort of person who tried to substantiate his allegations, it would be interesting to see what he thinks is back pedalling.

But as he makes things up for his own amusement, and runs away when challenged to prove them, we'll be spared that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back