Tragic M5 RTA

Sponsored Links
Germany, unlike the UK, has a far better distribution system for goods and products, so are in a much better position than us to have rigid restrictions imposed on carriers to encourage them to use alternative methods of distribution.

Investment by the Government in a better infrastructure would assist the UK.

Please dont talk about things you know nothing about! I started truck driving in Germany! First thing in the morning i would go to the train station to sort out my own goods, i am not warehouse trained so this in itself was totaly inefficient, the fresh produce you buy in Asda today was probably picked yesterday, the haulage system we have is probably the best in the known universe, also if you think more could go by rail the figures are something like if you quadrupled the amount of rail freight overnight this would equate to about 10% of road haulage.
I'm on a roll now, i went to Germany in 1974 the exchange rate was Dm12= £1 when i left in 1982 it stood at Dm2:50pf =£1
how could you ever hope to tie these currencies together and as for the lira! say no more!

Er may I just add about the shipping industry in Germany and the major role that the Rhine and Mosel and the likes of play in their distribution system.

They are just one part of their distribution system that knocks holes in the uks.

Do you think nothing has changed since you left 29 years ago? !!!!!!!!!

And besides what has the e/r got to do with this? !!!!!!!!!

To prevent this sort of thing happening again, I think the heavy goods vehicles should be confined to inside lane once the sun has set.
The lane markings near junctions should have prominent cheverons marked at a suitable distance apart to ensure vehicles joining the motorway can do so safely between the vehicles already on the inside lane, plenty of CCTV to monitor vehicles that drive too close.
Anything that would prevent or reduce the carnage just seen would help.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Innovative thoughts are not always initially well received, but now we have other good thought provoking options being proposed.

That can only be to the benefit of all.

Er may I just add about the shipping industry in Germany and the major role that the Rhine and Mosel and the likes of play in their distribution system.

They are just one part of their distribution system that knocks holes in the uks.

Do you think nothing has changed since you left 29 years ago? !!!!!!!!!

And besides what has the e/r got to do with this? !!!!!!!!!

Please tell me how long it takes and where they get the cheap labour from to load and offload for these boats to sail up and down the Rhine.

Yes there was a change, the Wall fell down!

Ref to the e/r? I was useing this as a peice to show how people with NO first hand knowledge make ridiculas rules and regulations that has an effect on our life here in the UK, as with mains electricity, RED DANGER this cable is live, but the Germans have brown and blue so ours gets changed, what i'm trying to say is i'm glad you are not an MP or similar because there are enough idiots making ill judged and not thought through laws and regulations already, though one thing we should adopt in this country is motorway driving as part of the driveing test! if you think the grass is greener there go and try it, and after you've lived there 7yrs and speak fluent German know their customs then come back and tell us how good it is!

Before you make anymore ridiculas statements may i suggest you take the hgv1 test then after a few yrs you will be in a position to make educated statements.

Also i wont try and tell you how to cook so DONT tell me how to drive a truck!!

HGV= Heavy Goods Vehicle
LGV = Light Goods Vehicle

Or has the eu changed that? ie LGV = Large Goods Vehicle.
Just noticed lgv being used a lot on the thread.

I've got a HGV Class1 Licence. :D

HGV= Heavy Goods Vehicle
LGV = Light Goods Vehicle

Or has the eu changed that? ie LGV = Large Goods Vehicle.
Just noticed lgv being used a lot on the thread.

I've got a HGV Class1 Licence. :D

Sorry it was changed to large, its just that i'm old school, bring back the Eaton twin splitter i say.

To prevent this sort of thing happening again, I think the heavy goods vehicles should be confined to inside lane once the sun has set.

So why was it the lgv's fault ?
lgv? who mentioned light goods vehicle? you only have to look at the picture there are hgv's in all three lanes, it's speculation at this point as to what actually happened.

Wotan

EU term apparently wotan.
Must all comply of course or the eu jack boot police will put us straight.
HGV for me though. Easier differentiated from light goods vehicle and less confusing but then the eu never did see things from a non confusing point of view.

There's a raft of new legislation being brought in (may already be in) with regard to renewing the licence.
Isin't a sit down exam being introduced?
I'd expect a larger fee also. No surprise there. Money grabbing rogues.

We should be dissuading HGVs from using our roads, and the EU should be looking at reducing their sizes instead of increasing as they have previously done.

Sponsored Links
Back