car insurance. again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got my quote through today, for insurance starting 17th jan.

£2522.99 as 1 payment. or 4 consecutive monthly payments of £668.59 (£2674.36)

This is Norwich union. 2 accidents in last 2 years. (i'm 21)

1st: 21/10/05: collision with another car. not my fault. cost £3000 to replace my car, all costs recovered from 3rd party.

2nd: 10/01/06: collision with Motorcyclist due to poor visibility, and my hastiness to get away from the hell hole I was working in at the time. my fault. repairs to my vehicle around £1000. replacement of M/Cist's scooter, i understand he also made personal injury claim.

Searched confused.com after seeing their ads, for fully comp, same info Norwich union have on me. Cheapest quote came out at £1300ish, from Endsleigh. Varous others, from the likes of the AA, M&S . . . And a quote way down the list, of about £2k from Norwich Union. Cheeky f***s. Guess what, I wont be renewing with them again.

I mean, do they just pluck figures out of the air, or what? :confused: :eek:

Sponsored Links
markie said:
What the foooook do u drive ? Why dont u give slogger a bell and c if he's got a bike to sell :LOL: ;)
ford fiesta 1.4 diesel turbo LX 53 reg. not that fast, IMO.

It's because you're just a youngster.... 12/89 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
It's because you're just a youngster.... 12/89 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
i'll tell you again. im 21! born 11/85!

If securespark's reading this, could he tell me what his renewal quote was again? ;) IIRC, it was more than mine!

Yeah, lots of 17-year-olds pretend to be older :LOL:

2k that's bad, I pay less than £150 a year on my car fully comp, I guess there are benefits to being old (ish) :D :LOL:

Eddie M said:
I pay less than £150 a year on my car fully comp,
Blimey, for driving that tank of yours?

Toyota landcruiser wasn't it?

£650 p/a for a 3l Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo

and

£300 p/a for a Merc 2l

both fully comp.

I'm older mind you, with no claims. I got these through Budget insurance. The GTO was interesting as my quotes ranged from nearly £2k to the £650 - for the SAME policy requirements :eek:

Definitely worth taking a full day out and shopping around. Your age is undoubtedly the problem, but I am sure you can get lower than that quote for a diesel car. Failing that, can you be put onto anyone else's insurance until you get older?

Good luck :p

Oh, I think the AA used to use Norwich, so not much point in trying them.

Norwish Union are shiite theives..

I drive a 2002 Volvo C70 Coupe T5 Sport, and it has every toy Volvo can fit to the thing as well..

NU gave me a fully Comp quote of £1176.34.

I'm forty years old for christs sake!!

Anyway, I got the policy via confused with Quinn Direct for £348.19.

All details the same for these quotes, and those below..

AA = £621.73
RAC = £598.11
Tesco = £602.67
Swinton = £456.21
Lloyd's = £425.87
Sainsbury = £371.52

All offered the same service, all with a £250 excess etc etc..

So why are there such huge differences in the quotes...I think many Insurers are simply swindling people because the Insurance in mandatory...

Big_Spark said:
So why are there such huge differences in the quotes...I think many Insurers are simply swindling people because the Insurance in mandatory...

I totally agree. Surely there should be some regulatory body that sets a standard rate for insurance. A few pounds here and there is fair enough, but when the difference goes into hundred's of pounds, it suggests the need for more stringent monitoring of fair trading :evil:

Insurance companies are just legalised extortion if you ask me :LOL:

I mean, do they just pluck figures out of the air, or what?

sort of but your young and been involved im two accidents, one not your fault, so there you go, a higher risk, therefore a higher premium.

totally agree. Surely there should be some regulatory body that sets a standard rate for insurance. A few pounds here and there is fair enough, but when the difference goes into hundred's of pounds, it suggests the need for more stringent monitoring of fair trading

there is its called a market economy, if you can be bothered to shop around youll get a better deal, many people cant be arsed though!

Sponsored Links
Back