Tragic M5 RTA

So you've never "rubber necked"?
Anyone who rubber necks in a lgv is a fool to himself.

Also, given that approximately the last 8 out of 10 motorway accidents I've witnessed have involved Lorries and HGV's even though (I suspect) less than 10% of traffic is of that class, one has to question the competence of "professional" road users such as yourself :confused:

By the time the accident has happened and the vehicles have stopped ie cars theres not much you can do with 44 ton pushing you up the road.

Sponsored Links
In spite of my earlier suggestiond to remove haulage vehicles from motorways, maybe they should have their own dedicated ones for long hauls and leave the rest of us amatures alone ;) Or, perhaps they should only be allowed to travel overnight between the hours of say 11pm and 6am.

By the time the accident has happened and the vehicles have stopped ie cars theres not much you can do with 44 ton pushing you up the road.
Maybe if the 44 ton drove a bit more safely they wouldn't be involved with, nor cause the accident.

Sponsored Links
i prsonally have narrowly avoided driving over a slow moving car a few times now, can somebody please tell me why a vast majority of car drivers "rubber kneck" ie an accident on the other side of the motorway and the driver infront forgets about the the 44ton truck he/SHE has just overtaken and takes their foot off the gas or even brakes.
So you've never "rubber necked"? Also, given that approximately the last 8 out of 10 motorway accidents I've witnessed have involved Lorries and HGV's even though (I suspect) less than 10% of traffic is of that class, one has to question the competence of "professional" road users such as yourself :confused:

I would suggest that you are talking nonsense... I clock up a lot of miles, many of them on motorways and the incidence of LGV related accidents are very low.... I have noted plenty of car drivers cutting up LGVs to exit motorways, overtaking and then slowing down, sitting in lane 1 at 50mph forcing LGVs to overtake or trying to drive alongside an artic on a roundabout
I pride myself on being a safe and observant driver and have never suffered a close incident with an LGV..... There are many car drivers however who should have their licenses taken from them.

As I have said before, those who want trucks taken off the road and are willing to wait for weeks for the goods that they buy should feel free to go back to the stone age and live in a cave...

One or two other points to our perfect car driving friends..... When it is raining, DON'T turn on your ****ing fog lights on, as you blind the drivers behind. Use your brain, since you can still see the rear lights of the car a quarter of a mile ahead your normal rear lights can too be seen a quarter of a mile behind.....And for those morons who decorate their cars with cycles.... The wheels cover your rear lights, fit a trailer board.

but that doesn't answer the question.... it's human nature, even if you are a trucker !!!!

If your a fool yes. I value my legs.

it's "you're" not "your"... but my point is... we all think we're bullet proof... have you never looked a t a pretty lady you drove past, or at a newspaper pic your passenger held up?

For me, i 'rubber neck' in the context of the current situation.... and i NEVER ever use my mobile phone whilst driving.. and i have seen HGV drivers doing that !

So you've never "rubber necked"?
Anyone who rubber necks in a lgv is a fool to himself.

but that doesn't answer the question.... it's human nature, even if you are a trucker !!!!

No it's not... It is not human nature to drive a motor vehicle so a well trained driver pays attention to what he is doing.... A truck driver will know that his attention is needed most when the lemmings are slowing down to have a good look to see if they can see a bit of blood or body parts

i prsonally have narrowly avoided driving over a slow moving car a few times now, can somebody please tell me why a vast majority of car drivers "rubber kneck" ie an accident on the other side of the motorway and the driver infront forgets about the the 44ton truck he/SHE has just overtaken and takes their foot off the gas or even brakes.
So you've never "rubber necked"? Also, given that approximately the last 8 out of 10 motorway accidents I've witnessed have involved Lorries and HGV's even though (I suspect) less than 10% of traffic is of that class, one has to question the competence of "professional" road users such as yourself :confused:

NO! I DO NOT RUBBER KNECK! I will take in what is happening but will not stare!

You can question my competance all you like, i have driven for various companies in the past, most will have you drive round the block as an assessment, the two haulage/distribution companies which give you a "driving test" plus a week in a classroom are Eddie Stobart and Asda at Portbury Dock, i have driven for both, dont get me wrong, i'm not saying i'm not going to have an accident, i'm just stating the obvious, wether i'm on my Aprilia 1000 V twin or trucking down the some A road you will find it hard to fault my driving, apart from speeding on my bike,

we all think we're bullet proof... have you never looked a t a pretty lady you drove past, or at a newspaper pic your passenger held up?

Yes but not to the extent of not paying attention to what i'm doing or following.

For me, i 'rubber neck' in the context of the current situation.... and i NEVER ever use my mobile phone whilst driving.. and i have seen HGV drivers doing that !

Many do i admit. But thats them that'll get fined not me.
Many do alot of illegal things that i don't agree with but i'm not going to stress over it.

As Jeremy Clarkson would say "if you rubber kneck YOU are going to DIE"

A few years ago i was coming down the M6, it was foggy but you could see about a mile down the road, and yes cars bumper to bumper and all had their FRIGGIN FOG LIGHTS ON, so when someone does brake you cant see their brake lights, this isn't rocket science! thats another law we should adopt from Germany, fog lights are illeagle in built up areas!

Sponsored Links
Back