Tragic M5 RTA

Sponsored Links
as they fell off the back off the trailer, originating from China, cash only

fool the old bill you say

dont tell the tax man,

DEFINATLY DONT TELL CUSTOMS!!

Sponsored Links
Ha, could tie them when I was 6. Then again dad was a lorry driver at the time :D

He wont, we burnt him and chucked him off Southend pier years ago !

others dont even know pedestrians have priority at zebra crossings,

A pedestrian only has right of way once they have "claimed" the crossing. By just saying they have right of way just perpetuates this myth that they can just wander out onto the crossing and expect cars to stop on a sixpence as they have right of way.

Far fewer know that a pedestrian has right of way if they have started to cross safely on any section of road that they are allowed to cross, but have now slowed oncoming traffic. Old grannies etc crossing the road are susceptible to this.

The way i understand it (without looking at a highway code) when i approach a zebra crossing my foot is off the throttle already as i expect a child or granny or even a dog to step out, so yes if need be i can stop, maybe not on a sixpence but not far off.
Its all about knowing what is happening around you, not just watching the car in front.
but what i was getting at are the foreign drivers that dont know how a zebra crossing should funtion.

You seem prone to outbursts of nonsense.

Why automatically have your foot off the throttle when you have the ability to see all situations in front of you? Are you one of these people that will always stop at a Give Way or a roundabout without even looking to see if it's clear?
Plenty of British drivers have no idea how anything on the road functions no matter a Zebra Crossing. If a dog, granny or child steps out onto a Zebra crossing and expects a car to stop for them they may be sadly wishing they hadn't done so. The Highway Code is not only for car users, it is also for other road users to learn.

Plenty of British drivers have no idea how anything on the road functions no matter a Zebra Crossing. If a dog, granny or child steps out onto a Zebra crossing and expects a car to stop for them they may be sadly wishing they hadn't done so. The Highway Code is not only for car users, it is also for other road users to learn.

But the winner gets to fill in all the paperwork.....

Sponsored Links
Back