Travel Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a quote for travel insurance.
Went to MSE and was directed to a site that quotes for people with millions of health conditions.
For a single trip in Europe for 7 days, they wanted £176 for me and the missus, plus the two younger boys.
AND there is a whole heap of exclusions, including one my consultant has said will never happen, but they stuck it on the list anyway...

1658079746915.png

Has anyone with medical conditions taken out travel insurance? If so, who with?

Sponsored Links
Just got another quote from Saga.

248, but at least there is no list of exclusions.

Sponsored Links
Just had a quote for travel insurance.
Went to MSE and was directed to a site that quotes for people with millions of health conditions.
For a single trip in Europe for 7 days, they wanted £176 for me and the missus, plus the two younger boys.
AND there is a whole heap of exclusions, including one my consultant has said will never happen, but they stuck it on the list anyway...

View attachment 274719

Has anyone with medical conditions taken out travel insurance? If so, who with?
Our family is covered by our Flex Plus account (Nationwide). It also cover phones, car breakdown and other stuff. The sprogs are also covered in isolation. I once asked about skiing - no dramas as long as we don't intend jumping out of helicopters onto the slopes.

have a look at Lloyds club platinum account you get holiday ins for you and family,mobile phone ins and aa cover for about £20 per month

All of these bank account bundled insurance policies only cover standard, relatively healthy adults with non-serious health conditions. i.e. mild asthma etc. anything above the ordinary will not be covered unless declared. Basically anything that has the potential to put you in hospital or requiring repatriation will only be covered by declaring it and paying the extra policy fees. There really is no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to insurance policies. Read the small print on these bundled policies - insurance companies aren’t stupid!

Last edited:
As per mottie it really surprises me how many people think these bundled insurances cover all eventualities and when your paying around 30 quid a month for these accounts then its far from free

Thanks guys, I did check with Nationwide, no go.

Staysure seem to be the best at the moment, 176, but no excluded stuff.

I understand that having a whole list of conditions means I am not going to get a cheap quote, but I at least want cover for any issue should it arise, unlike the first quote. They wouldn't even cover a fracture!

All of these bank account bundled insurance policies only cover standard, relatively healthy adults with non-serious health conditions. i.e. mild asthma etc. anything above the ordinary will not be covered unless declared. Basically anything that has the potential to put you in hospital or requiring repatriation will only be covered by declaring it and paying the extra policy fees. There really is no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to insurance policies. Read the small print on these bundled policies - insurance companies aren’t stupid!
We have gone through it. The cover is comprehensive. As is the phone cover and breakdown. All excellent stuff.

We have gone through it. The cover is comprehensive. As is the phone cover and breakdown. All excellent stuff.
Maybe for you and your family but it won’t cover the OP without extra charges and that’s if they decide to take him on.

3F0DCB8D-EC96-4388-BABC-32069E1B6670.jpeg

As per mottie it really surprises me how many people think these bundled insurances cover all eventualities and when your paying around 30 quid a month for these accounts then its far from free
What made you imagine it was free?
I pay 15 per month and get excellent cover.

Sponsored Links
Back