Triton T40i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

First time poster so be nice please!

I want to install a Triton T40i - it's basically a shower attachment with a booster pump, no heating element etc, it's kind a of a one off product from what I can tell.

Reading the instructions (http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/media/custom/upload/File-1424097751.pdf) and noting page 5 it says this can be fitted using 1mm2 wiring to a 3AMP double pole switch. I'm guessing as its only a pump no heating element etc that's why it can be done this way. I could be wrong.

So I plan to use a plug socket located outside the bathroom in the airing cupboard, remove the socket and use those incoming live wires and put them into a 13A RCD Fused Spur - but change the fuse to 3AMPS and put a note to say MAX 3AMPS.

Then using 1mm2 wire from this 3AMP RCD put the wire into the loft and back down into the bathroom and into the back of the shower.

The key question I'm asking here is - is it safe? My neighbor actually wired their one into the extractor fan wiring and removed the extractor fan and its been going for years, but I don't want to do that.

I know a competent electrician should be used but I feel that this may be something I can do, so any advice would be appreciated. If it any point I feel like this work is beyond me then I will of course get help. Also, I'm guessing I have to notify my council and then get this work signed off.

Thanks I'm advance!

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's notifiable. If you have no RCD on the circuit you feed the shower from, fit an RCD spur instead of a bog standard one.

It would make sense to fit PEB's to the gas and water pipes and supplementary bonding if you have none.

This is notifiable work and must either be undertaken by a registered (Competent Person Self-Certification Schemes)
electrician or work notified prior to it being started.
You say is it safe to do this way? It is only safe if the installation is carried out safely and safe to put into service. This would need proving by inspection and testing(I&T) and the recording of those results, obviously the outcome of the I&T would need to be understood and compliant to the relevant regulations.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses so far - I understand what you're saying PrenticeBoyOfDerry however if there's some stuff I can carry out myself, and then get certified it would be a lot more satisfying.

Sponsored Links
if there's some stuff I can carry out myself, and then get certified it would be a lot more satisfying.
In that case, I would suggest that the first thing you do is contact an electrician that is happy for you to proceed with cable routing and terminations, that they can visually see are routed and terminated correctly. And one that is happy to sign off as a third party!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back