trunking/conduit

Sponsored Links
There are registered electricians out there who have never heard of it, never seen it, and wouldn't know what it was if it poked them in the eye.

Sponsored Links
Well that provoked a bit of a discussion, thanks for the replies.
On a purely aesthetic point I would prefer the material used to be black, as I have never seen black trunking then I guess I am favouring conduit, unless anyone knows different?

main bonding done in pyro?? :eek:

that'll look nice :LOL:

IMO, forget trunking, ive seen it used externally and it just looks toilet. If you have the slightest interest of how its going to look when its done, just ask your spark to use conduit externally, either black or white. lovely :)

It'll be a problem sealing the end of D line trunking though as I've not seen end caps for it.

B&Q sell it. I've used a length before for dropping some cabling to a wall mounted TV.

y whats wrong with not knowing much about mineral?

As a spark you are asked to design installations and sign to say you designed it. That means that me as a spark has to know all the options available to me before designing an installation. How can you design the best installation if you do not know what options you have on variables? Would you avoid MICC if it was the correct stuff for the job, location and design just because you could not terminate it?

I have met sparks who have never head of MICC, I usually question there competence as when I did my city and guilds course it was common practice, and in commercial work I would see it used almost weekly. Its not just domestic but most domestic sparks who do not do commercial work have never seen it or know what it is. I have seen sparks replacing CUs even in commercial installs and without changing the pot they have just bunged the old CU somewhere hidden and broke off into t+e, bodge and this was a common accurance for me.

So I have to know about MICC and all the other types. Example I went on a site and they wanted exterior lights. The spark before me who did a quote said I would use black 20mm ducting and do it that way. I said I would use MICC (you can get it with brown insulation) and it blended fair better with the brick work.

Most sparks should do CPD, continual professional development and keep up to date. I know I did when I worked in the NHS.

Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back