Turbomax Plus 828e Hot Water issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear whoever can help....

I installed a full (18 feed, 4 story) radiator system into my own house 14 years ago. It’s a 1860 building ... I used the Vaillant turbomax 828e...Over the years I have replaced the pressure switch once, the fan assembly once and the PCB once due to a intruding slug. It has had the occasional diverter valve issue and I am on my second HW heat exchanger.....

I have read advice on the installation of a system filter and have taken it on board.... And I am now wondering if the lack of one could be helping to cause my latest problem....

I recently installed a new diverter valve..... Now, as soon as I turn the hot water switch from Off to On (the Off/On/Timer switch) the boiler fires up immediately (code 5.24) with heat to the rads but with no heat to the hot water tap. Opening and closing the tap has no effect...... I have replaced the flow sensor impeller and Hall sensor.

I am totally Flumackst!!....

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards, Dynmawr1......

Sponsored Links
What hot water switch?
Have you checked that the diverter motor head actuating pin is connected to the diverter body pin?

Hiya..... The off/on/timer hotwater pinch switch..... There is a slightly larger but identical one just below it for the radiators..... And, No I have not.... But will asap..... Hopefully speak again.... Thanx ever so!

I can now confirm that the pin is connected to the motor and that the black spherical valve head is in the "heating" position... The heating is running perfectly... Kind Regards....

Sponsored Links
BUT..... I am still suffering the original hot water issue...... Anybody ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back