Tut Tut Boiler manufacturers!!

Sponsored Links
The tut-tutters are only telling half the story.

The best manufacturers offer a fixed price repair. They carry the risk of false diagnosis, multiple faults etc etc. The usually then guarantee the job for a year.

Part of the deal is that the boiler has to have been installed competently and not abused.

If they then attend and find that the boiler is full of sludge, that is not their fault, and they have been called out on a fool's errand.

If they find that the boiler has genuine multiple faults, they fix it, and guarantee it.

The tut-tutters are only telling half the story.

The best manufacturers offer a fixed price repair. They carry the risk of false diagnosis, multiple faults etc etc. The usually then guarantee the job for a year.

Part of the deal is that the boiler has to have been installed competently and not abused.

If they then attend and find that the boiler is full of sludge, that is not their fault, and they have been called out on a fool's errand.

If they find that the boiler has genuine multiple faults, they fix it, and guarantee it.

Are you saying on a fixed price repair Viessmann wouldnt change a plate heat exchanger??? What a bunch of scammers. I can understand on warranty(although glowworm/vaillant will change one for free) but on a fixed price repair your taking money off someone. Are these t&cs explained on the phone? i bet not! After hearing they charge £60 for inconclusive warranty calls, I am most defeinately not going to fit any Viessmans. They should be trying to get people on their side ,after the abysmal early 100s brought misery on 1000s of consumers.

Sponsored Links
They do not charge for warranty calls. That was just part of the drivel, and it is incorrect.

A blocked heat exchanger is not the boiler or the manufacturer's fault. There is no reason to expect one to be replaced free of charge.

A blocked heat exchanger is not the boiler or the manufacturer's fault. There is no reason to expect one to be replaced free of charge.

I'm talking about on a fixed price repair(try reading the post). would they change it then?

You'll have to ask them!

As I have said, a blocked heat exchanger is not their fault. If the heat exchanger is blocked, the rest of the boiler and system is likely to be sludged up too, and merely changing one good but blocked component may not cure the problem.

I am asking them, you work for them, you tell me. Sounds like you dont wanna answer the question cos you know the answer will not be good.
Its quite simple, if you take money off someone you do something in return or give the money back.

That may be the best deal for the manufacturer as they sell a boiler and get all the future maintenance work as well.

For others like me, future maintenance and repairs are something to look forward to as one of the benefits of installation work. Thats why I do it properly so they will call me first.

Odd though how one installer in Cornwall gets paid for fixing Viessmann that he installed under warrantee.

Tony

...Please explain why the pcb is not available at parts centre Salford today??
It's no secret that I am not a great fan of Vailant's after sales service, but partcentre/dumbcentre aren't winning any prizes for their efficient service either.

... The usually then guarantee the job for a year...

I had one about a year ago where the punter paid for a repair, the fault came back and when I called Vaillant, they would not come back because it was more than 3 months after the repair.

You'll have to ask them!

As I have said, a blocked heat exchanger is not their fault. If the heat exchanger is blocked, the rest of the boiler and system is likely to be sludged up too, and merely changing one good but blocked component may not cure the problem.

A fixed price repair is:
a: fixed price, and
B: a repair.

Fair enough if they tell the custard it will not be guaranteed if they don't get the system cleaned, but it is not on to turn around, and leave whilst keeping the dosh. Doesn't matter whether it is BG or a manufacturer.

If they don't replace/clean whilst under warrantee is understandable; that is an installation fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back