Tut Tut Boiler manufacturers!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I was in the parts centre when a guy asked for a PCB from a Vaillant Boiler 4 years old ( didn't get model was doing my own transaction)..anyway he was told that the board was unavailable until the end of FEB!!!!! They were having problems restocking parts centre. The guy phoned Vaillant who confirmed issues getting the PcB out and told him there was a delay.

A customer rang me today with what sounds like a blocked secondary heat exch on a Viessman. He had spoke to Viessman who said they will send an engineer for a one off fee but if the engineer found that the the system needed flushing they would leave without fixing the boiler and keep his money! (i didn't fit this boiler)

(I'm sure the FSA would decide if this was a correct course of action or not)

Anyway it got me thinking ...I fit Worcester Bosch boilers pretty much exclusively unless a custard demands another boiler and I have never had a problem with obtaining parts to any of their range. I have been sent by courier(at no cost) a replacement casing for a damaged/scratched casing. Loads more examples of this! Their parts are always available the next day at latest.

They also don't rip off customers. I know a 440 in Manchester which a friend fitted and it has had 3 heatcells replaced by Worcester in its first 2 years. If a benchmark isn't filled in they dont disappear on a cold day as they see the end user as THEIR customer. They dont charge an installer for a callout when he has f###ed the Pcb up by wiring it up wrong!

Some lads on here slag WB off and talk highly of Viessman and Vaillant but I know who has the better customer service for fact. This afterservice gives the custard and installer belief. Most other manufacturers warranty is Not Quibble free and end users in my opinion should bear this in mind when choosing a boiler as they often dont know too much about installations!

Tin hat on, my opinion for what its worth!!

Sponsored Links
You make a valid point !

They start getting alot of problems , than the warrantys may no longer be quibble free ! ( which I doubt ?) WB like alot of other manus also need to take on board as to who they think the installer is ? that specs & purchases there product ?

All these fixed price repairs ? will probably destroy the independant ( maybe ?) in the long term ? 5 year plus warrantys will probably end in tears for some ( maybe ?)

I also beleive there have been incidents were WB have made direct approaches to customers via imfo given to them by the installer , who they seem to think is not there customer ? one such incident reported by a loyal (X) installer of WB boilers in the CC !

i take your points transam!

Wondering why any of the "V" squad ( viessman and vaillant can do no wrong ) havent replied. They always seem so sure of the products on here!

Sponsored Links
i take your points transam!

Wondering why any of the "V" squad ( viessman and vaillant can do no wrong ) havent replied. They always seem so sure of the products on here!

Rumour has it that one of the V squad might work for Viessman ?? & from what I have seen of alot of other posts Vaillants after sales / & getting through to there tech line is ? well not to good to put it mildly ! WB do have the best after sales though by far !

U dreamin mate all Vaillant pcb available next day never any problem an as for service ffs Vaillant knocks spots off Worcester depends what area I guess

I take it you work for them?? Please explain why the pcb is not available at parts centre Salford today??
I was there!

The lad in the parts centre made a throw away comment that vaillant moved from their last pcb supplier! Is this true and why?

A blocked heat exchanger obviously is not the manufacturer's fault. Where's the problem?

Not their prob I agree but my point is wb will change it quibble free where ever other manufacturers ( who offer on paper long warranties) suddenly refuse to get involved in the repair because of clauses! Wb do not have these clauses! Call them daft and many would! But their service is obviously top class!

If viessman took £200 plus pounds and then refused to fix my boiler as a lay man I wouldn't be happy!

A blocked heat exchanger obviously is not the manufacturer's fault. Where's the problem?

the problem seemed to be they didn't want to change it even if they were being paid to do so.

I have long said to customers looking to buy a new boiler that they need to consider boilers with rock solid parts availability even if the product is not as reliable or as well specced as others may be.

Well I suppose it depends what pcb but never had any prob an have never known Vaillant Eng or agents to charge we were always told don't **** installer off he prob buy thousands of boilers the house owner only one, that's y they r the biggest in Europe ,the first with a Combi they got history on there side

i have had first hand experience in how vaillant handle things...

i don't rate vaillant customer service at all, bepler call center is the 7th circle of hell... valliant used to make good boiler. give them 3/10

WB boilers are crap, difficult to work on. cant comment on customer service as i don't have first hand experience . give them 4/10

viessmann... technically good, good heat exchanger, good burner tech. spat in every ones eye with the old 100. the customer service is hit and miss. give the 6.5/10

intergas 9/10...currently :LOL:

He had spoke to Viessman who said they will send an engineer for a one off fee but if the engineer found that the the system needed flushing they would leave without fixing the boiler and keep his money! (i didn't fit this boiler)

They dont charge an installer for a callout when he has f###ed the Pcb up by wiring it up wrong!

Most other manufacturers warranty is Not Quibble free and end users in my opinion should bear this in mind when choosing a boiler as they often dont know too much about installations!

Tin hat on, my opinion for what its worth!!

When I buy a boiler I take into account what I am buying.

I dont want to buy a Worcester when they factor into the price giving new PCBs or replacing heat exchangers for the cowboy installers who fit a boiler in one day without power flushing or balancing the rads.

Why should I subsidise installers who dont power flush and who damage PCBs because they dont know how to connect them?

Tony

Got to laugh when someone says how good WB is because they fitted 3 heat cells in 2 years for free and have sent him out parts for new boilers out numerous time which suggests numerous faults .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back