Typical Cost to Paint House

bdw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to get my house exterior painted. Just looking for typical prices as I really have no idea.

I live in a 3 bed end terrace.

Sponsored Links
All depends on access, height of property, paint to be used.

So many factors that can't be seen blind.

But if you really want an idea I'd say £10000

Sponsored Links
£10K? Really?

The last exterior I painted last summer, the price was about 10K but that was a double fronted detached house with timber doors and windows on 3 sides. I under quoted by at least £1500.

Photos would help.

You say "just walls"- I could roll rendered walls 4 times faster than stab a brush at a large stone pebble dashed wall. Are there any cracks that need filling. Are there any plants (eg trees) in the way?

The last exterior I painted last summer, the price was about 10K but that was a double fronted detached house with timber doors and windows on 3 sides. I under quoted by at least £1500.

Photos would help.

You say "just walls"- I could roll rendered walls 4 times faster than stab a brush at a large stone pebble dashed wall. Are there any cracks that need filling. Are there any plants (eg trees) in the way?

It's a 10 minute job, honest!

I take your point about the type of surface. It's a typical end terrace with roughcast walls. No cracks, no obstructions. Gable end with no windows or doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back