ugly space between bath and tiles - How to fill it up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have noticed an ugly space between the bath panel and the tiles in my gran's house which I am helping to sort out. It is filled with silicon (arrows in the pic) and I think the tiler possibly did not tile it to the edges. Or whoever removed the panel did not do a good job putting it back.

How can I fill it up or cover it? I thought of tape, replace with a panel which balloons out (if I can find one) or some thing else.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kate455

1199f8h.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think that gap between the panel and the tiles is left such that one can remove the panel when needed. If it was me, I'd simply renew the silicone (remove before applying new silicone).

How about considering a length of quarter round timber beading, Kate? Several sizes are available and easy to stick down with a layer of white silicone. A coat of white gloss and you're done.
John :)

Or white upvc quarter round beading ?
Again, stick it down with minimal silicone so it comes up again

Sponsored Links
I suspect the bath panel has been changed at some point, hence the gap that wasn't there in the first place.

It might be better to see if you can remove the panel, pack out the space behind it, and refit it so that it then covers the mess.

Upvc quadrant would be better than wood, but as the panel goes in and out, you might need to take it across the whole section, and then silicone the new gap at the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back