UK households paying the lowest levels of Tax on Record

Actually I think you are very wrong. The grades that people with experience get to are as bad as you perceive.

Problem is too many news outlets talk about the starting salary - not the salaries after a couple of years.

My misses would be on over £45k if she was full time now

When my wife first started working for a council that was more or less true, as a PA (and many years later a Surestart Manager) the PA salary was a couple of grand less than the private sector. Within about ten years that situation had totally reversed, she was earning several grand more than her peers in the private sector, longer holidays and of course the pension. When she transferred to Surestart the council sponsored her on a degree course and on a road to serious money, and eventually, a very nice redundancy package.

Sponsored Links
In the latter years of being part of the Dublin agreement UK was receiving more migrants than were being returned to other EU countries. because of family re-unification rules.

And now the figure is......0, zero, none, zip, de nada... so your point was to swap a system that mostly worked for absolutely nothing...

And now the figure is......0, zero, none, zip, de nada... so your point was to swap a system that mostly worked for absolutely nothing...

Exactly. We've moved from being a net recipient under the Dublin to receiving zero under the Dublin agreement.

In 2018, the UK received a total of 37,453 asylum applications, and made 5,510 outgoing transfer requests under Dublin III. Of these 5,510 requests, 209 migrants were transferred out of the UK under Dublin III, whilst 1,215 came in, making the UK a net recipient in 2018.

Sponsored Links
So why is UK growth higher than the Eurozone growth?
that only works for Q2 2023, where it’s just 0.1% diff

Eurozone growth Apr-jun 2023 0.1%
UK growth Apr-jun 2023 0.2%

however this is what actually reflects the real situation:

”UK GDP in Q2 2023 was 1.8% higher compared to the pre-pandemic level of Q4 2019. This compares with Eurozone GDP being 2.7% higher“

Exactly. We've moved from being a net recipient under the Dublin to receiving zero under the Dublin agreement.

In 2018, the UK received a total of 37,453 asylum applications, and made 5,510 outgoing transfer requests under Dublin III. Of these 5,510 requests, 209 migrants were transferred out of the UK under Dublin III, whilst 1,215 came in, making the UK a net recipient in 2018.
Fillyboy has dishonestly cherry picked the data

oh and conveniently forgets to mention this:

”UK during the period were under articles 8 and 9 of the Regulation. These stipulate that, under certain conditions, the applications of some of those in EU countries, whose relatives are already in the UK, should be dealt with by the UK”

that only works for Q2 2023, where it’s just 0.1% diff

Eurozone growth Apr-jun 2023 0.1%
UK growth Apr-jun 2023 0.2%

however this is what actually reflects the real situation:

”UK GDP in Q2 2023 was 1.8% higher compared to the pre-pandemic level of Q4 2019. This compares with Eurozone GDP being 2.7% higher“

Thought so he probably read a Daily Mail headline got a hard on and posted, the DM as usual was cherry picking the data - like its readers care about facts.

We are poorer for being out of the EU and weaker to boot.

Then they argue it's not been long enough to see the benefits.

If they lent £100 to a family member and asked for it back after a month, six years later they are still waiting - you think they would say they expect it back.

The Brexit lie has consumed them - to admit they were wrong will destroy their worldview so they would rather live in denial.

I wouldn't mind but their decision has impacted everyone - their kids, grandkids and so on - but being the selfish types they are - they don't care - they will take this to their grave.

And you think Sir Keir flip flop will do much better ?

I don’t and I’m old enough to remember many, many different governments

Nobody in the HOC has the stature or the guts to do what is necessary as they are all too scared to upset a few voters
He can't do any worse - look at the state of the economy.

What has he flipped flopped on - have you seen the Tories lies and backtracks.

What needs to be done?

You have the answers - please share them.

Actually I think you are very wrong. The grades that people with experience get to are as bad as you perceive.

Problem is too many news outlets talk about the starting salary - not the salaries after a couple of years.

My misses would be on over £45k if she was full time now

Perceive?

Doing what?

If you want to compare healthcare salaries then compare then to what they can get paid in comparable countries.

And you think Sir Keir flip flop will do much better ?
Yes

Blair period was a far better period for the UK than the Tory period since or before

and the UK will have some adults in power, not right wing populists governing by propaganda

Fillyboy has dishonestly cherry picked the data

oh and conveniently forgets to mention this:

”UK during the period were under articles 8 and 9 of the Regulation. These stipulate that, under certain conditions, the applications of some of those in EU countries, whose relatives are already in the UK, should be dealt with by the UK”

The point is I am not in any delusion that Labour will correct this mess - it goes too deep all I expect is less of the poor policies based on ideology - the rot is deep - yet to win votes the Tories are brilliant at kicking the can down the road.

It will only end in one thing - revolution or massive debt write off.

An aging economy with slowing growth - it's the emperor has no clothes- no one wants to address the problems for fear of losing at the elections.

The point is I am not in any delusion that Labour will correct this mess - it goes too deep all I expect is less of the poor policies based on ideology - the rot is deep - yet to win votes the Tories are brilliant at kicking the can down the road.

It will only end in one thing - revolution or massive debt write off.

An aging economy with slowing growth - it's the emperor has no clothes- no one wants to address the problems for fear of losing at the elections.
Labour can’t win power with policies that will rebuild this country

All Labour can do is battle against lies, gaslighting, propaganda of right wing populism

Labours current strategy is to avoid Tory traps and attacks - it leaves Tories only able to destroy themselves as they can’t push the blame onto Labour

Sponsored Links
Back