UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It's still 4 times higher than target.

It's just slowed acceleration, not stopped.

You do understand high inflation is still happening?

Analysts at Capital Economics, for example, say the drop in inflation is unlikely to be enough to prevent the Bank of England from raising interest rates in early August from 5.00%, although it may tilt the balance towards a quarter point hike rather than half.

It's still 4 times higher than target.

It's just slowed acceleration, not stopped.

You do understand high inflation is still happening?

Analysts at Capital Economics, for example, say the drop in inflation is unlikely to be enough to prevent the Bank of England from raising interest rates in early August from 5.00%, although it may tilt the balance towards a quarter point hike rather than half.
It’s slowed down more than predicted though which can only be a good thing, don’t you agree?

It's a step in the right direction but a long way to go before we know it's not just a blip and is a definite down trend.

It's all related to fuel really, which is only part of the full issues

Sponsored Links
Yay, we're still getting poorer but not quite as quickly as previously!

This may be enough for the BoE to keep rates unchanged next time around, depending on what other data appears in the meantime.

There's a massive lag in mortgage rates due to the multi-year fixes that many have, they know there's a big risk of overshooting and causing more problems than they solve, so may decide it's better to wait and see for now.

This inflation thing - specifically, Rishi's and Jeremy's "we're gonna do this to inflation" rhetoric - at best leaves me uncomfortable.

Unless a complete basketcase banana republic economy (which we're not quite at, yet) inflation is self-limiting; it was never going to run away, not in a mature and (relatively) stable, first world economy..

Sunak and Hunt will be claiming credit.
Which will be like claiming credit for the sun rising each morning.

Good? Perhaps a bit less bad, but that's a long way from being a good thing.

A bit less bad? It was predicted to be less good/more bad whatever way you want to call it. Call it what you like, it’s still a positive in my books which is…..good!

That hurt , didn't it.

But well done., its a step in the right direction.
It's a good step, but it's a long way from getting too excited.

I'd wait for a few more steps before I thought it was longer term success.

But if you want to cheer for only losing £10 and not £15, feel free. I won't yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back