Ukraine counter offensive

True, but also other NATO countries have also been doing that as well.

I'm sure we didn't mean to suggest that a visiting training instructor is equivalent to a citizen putting his life on the line to defend his country against a powerful invading army.

Sponsored Links
You are overplaying this. It is quite natural to laugh, good humouredly, at foreigners' attempts at pronunciations. It is often what breaks the ice. I am never offended at mispronunciations of Oswaldtwistle, Blackley, Slaithwaite or Eglwyswrw.
A friend from New York asked for directions when travelling through Yorkshire - to this day he has no idea what the bloke told him.:LOL:

I have been informed that on October 1st the cost of gas is going up 58%, electricity going up 28% and heating oil is already 25% more expensive.
I am now obliged to contribute to a war i don't support, if having an alternative opinion makes someone a commie, then thats ok.
The price rises are due to the £500 billions of funny money printed for covid.

Sponsored Links
Foreign special forces ( western / Nato) must be in the Ukraine helping them ?? Not on the front line ??

Report on the news review

That the conclusion is that the Russian army equipment is s***e

And of low tech

Mind you I recall them Russian Lada cars jeez us you could get into
Them with out opening the doors the shut lines we’re that bad

Shocking quality control

A friend from New York asked for directions when travelling through Yorkshire - to this day he has no idea what the bloke told him.:LOL:
I have the same problem when I cross from Lancashire into Yorkshire. The problems start at thd customs barrier and only get worse when you get to Slaithwaite (slough-itt)

Mind you I recall them Russian Lada cars jeez us you could get into
Them with out opening the doors the shut lines we’re that bad
I remember the jokes, "How do you double the value of your Lada? Fill up the tank" and so on

Shocking quality control
Imagine what the shut lines on their tanks and APCs are like

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the jokes, "How do you double the value of your Lada? Fill up the tank" and so on
Although having worked up near the arctic circle many years ago, the 4WD Lada Niva could handle the cold when Land Rovers often simply refused to budge!

They are OK with the cold - it's damp and salt they can't take

Ladas built for Siberia not suburbia

??

We had a small lada van ounce also had a Tata (made in India) pick up truck

A number of off-topic posts have been removed
There is an argument that Ukraine angered the paranoid Russian leadership by showing a desire to join the EU etc. and they may have alienated some Russian speakers in Ukraine. However, the democratically elected leadership of a sovereign state should not avoid doing things that it wants to do for the benefit / or according to the will of the people who democratically elected them.

Nobody will be wanting to trade with Russia for decades.

Sponsored Links
Back