Unaccompanied migrant children ...I don't get it.

@ Himaginn; Quick question - do you actually live near any of these immigrant communities?

Sponsored Links
According to Amnesty International the UK does not allow under 18 refugees to sponsor their family members:
Family reunion for refugees is not a new idea – but the UK’s immigration rules are failing many like Omar’s family. Currently:

• A child refugee in the UK cannot sponsor any family members, even their parents, to join them.
  • Most adult refugees already in the UK are unable to sponsor their parents, children over 18 or adult siblings, because of severe restrictions in the rules.
  • Many British citizens are similarly unable to sponsor their refugee family members because of these restrictions.

@ Himaginn; quick question #2; do you actually live near any of these immigrant communities?

Sponsored Links
@ Himaginn; quick question #2; do you actually live near any of these immigrant communities?
Which immigrant communities would that be? :rolleyes: I may be in an "immigrant community" because I'm an immigrant.
Hang on! I'll just go and do a quick poll of where the neighbours hail from. :rolleyes: They'll probably think I'm a bit weird knocking on their door on a Sunday evening asking silly questions.
Other than that how will I know if they're immigrants or not. :rolleyes: Think carefully before you answer.

I think it's totally irrelevant. You're no doubt going to try and change my mind. Don't bother.
In my circle of friends, there are African/Asians, Americans, Asians (Indians and Pakistanis) Australians, Cambodians, Eastern Europeans (Polish), Filipinos, Vietnamese, Western Europeans (French, German), West Indians, and probably a lot more of ethnically diverse background that I don't know where they're from, or I haven't thought of.
Some of them are first generation immigrants and others are second generation.
Does that count?
I must admit that I don't where the neighbours are from. I don't mix with them much, socially.
There are some white chavvy types around as well. They're a real nuisance. They're the only ones that cause any trouble. I wish they were immigrants 'cos immigrants are much better behaved.

Do you still think your question is relevant?
Perhaps you want my résumé, gender, sexual preference and postcode as well. :rolleyes:

@Himaggin. Well, you probably live in a nice area.

Come up north and take a tour of Oldham, Bradford, Leeds, Manchester and Rochdale, to name just a few towns where there are ethnic communities, to see what actually happens.

BTW, speaking of Rochdale and the notorious child-sex ring which has been broken up. There were mug shots of the guilty on local tv and the press; have a guess at the point I could make.

Come up north and take a tour of Oldham, Bradford, Leeds, Manchester and Rochdale, to name just a few towns where there are ethnic communities, to see what actually happens.

BTW, speaking of Rochdale and the notorious child-sex ring which has been broken up. There were mug shots of the guilty on local tv and the press; have a guess at the point I could make.
Be specific, what point could you make?

Be specific, what point could you make?

You know full well.

Not to be confused with 'paedophile ring' which are notably home-grown white boys. These guys prefer babies and have been known to even groom expectant mothers.

Not to be confused with 'paedophile ring' which are notably home-grown white boys. These guys prefer babies and have been known to even groom expectant mothers.
They are both as disgusting as each other..

Amazing how, a thread about unaccompanied migrant children managed to hark back to an accusation that immigrants are susceptible to paedophilia. :rolleyes:
That's exploitative and controlling by Tony. Who's got tunnel vision?

According to Amnesty International the UK does not allow under 18 refugees to sponsor their family members:
Family reunion for refugees is not a new idea – but the UK’s immigration rules are failing many like Omar’s family. Currently:

• A child refugee in the UK cannot sponsor any family members, even their parents, to join them.
  • Most adult refugees already in the UK are unable to sponsor their parents, children over 18 or adult siblings, because of severe restrictions in the rules.
  • Many British citizens are similarly unable to sponsor their refugee family members because of these restrictions.

Is that why the legal people are saying last week's decision is groundbreaking, and the quote above is no longer valid?

You know, I was sitting in MacDonald's on Saturday killing a bit of time in our multicultural city, and i began to watch the people just doing a basic thing as coming and going through the main door.

It struck me profoundly that such a simple thing as opening a door, holding the door open for others and going through a door, can tell a great deal about a person, about people and about culture and attitudes. A great deal indeed. And it was a very sad thing to observe.

I do believe I actually saw the future. :cry:

I'm not sure what holding a door open for someone tells us about the future woody or the past come to that.

I made the mistake of holding a door open in Miami for someone and half of America passed through it without saying thank you.

And recently I held the door open for an elderly lady at a petrol station in Downham Market. The only words she spoke were "Is my husband in here?":confused: She was followed in by several grinning oldies before I was able to escape:whistle:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back