Understanding a Honeywell CM907

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a new house and I'd like to upgrade to a smart thermostat, such as the Draton Wiser. Self installation seems do-able but I don't understand my current Honeywell thermostat CM907.

Most smart thermostat install guides show many wires coming into the backplate of the existing thermostat but mine has just a live and neutral (see image). My Honeywell is programmable and controls the heating so I don't think theres another control board in the house. I also can't find a wiring centre that most install guides show as being connected to the thermostat.

Am I getting confused by install guides for older, more complex systems, or do I need to locate some vital hardware? Any help would be appreciated

IMG_2086.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG

Sponsored Links
It's a Live and Switch Live, the Neutral wire having been used for the switch. What kind of system do you have? What's your boiler make/model?

Hi Muggles, thanks for the response. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 831

qxdc0sn-png.175012

Here is the wiring diagram for the system I am considering. Would I be correct in saying the live A would become 1 COM, and the switch live B would become 3 ON?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back