"Unemployment rate likely to reach 3M"

Do you think she was right to order the sinking ?

We are a little off topic here, but the Captain of the Belgrano has said on many occasions, that they were a legitimate target.

James Mates: "Was it true that his ship posed 'a real threat' to the task force."

Captain Hector Bonzo: "Yes, I agree with that statement. I think we posed a real threat... we never had any intention of going back to shore; we were only waiting for the right moment to act."

Sponsored Links
absolutley right. the action confined the rest of their navy to the their docks and kept them from destroying ours.

anyway back to the topic in hand........

Jeez, we were at war with the Argies, so I could never understand the difference to the ship being 199 or 201 miles from the islands.

can you understand the difference between a politician who tells the truth and one who tells blatant lies and gets nasty(er) when caught out?

Sponsored Links
The question has moved on johnD .simple was she right to order the sinking even though she lied about the distance later.

If we want to talk about liars and war we can start a whole new topic about Blair and WMD

you are only saying the question has moved on because you added your own different meaning to what I said.

you are reading words that I did not write.

I merely commented on a Prime Minister saying things that were blatantly untrue and then getting stroppy when challenged on her lies.

"Black is White, North is South, Inside is Outside, Towards is Away"

does it really matter who is in government? have things dramatically changed since the tories went out and labour came in? when i started work in feb 1978 the tories were in, i got an apprenticeship with a small private plumbing firm who were employing because the local council stranglehold was being broken to allow contractors to price council work and give much better value for money as we didnt have their old working practices, so lots of people got jobs with the contractors and the council guys had to work for their money for a change or risk losing threir job, no prob with that is there, i also bought my council house through tory policy so i could afford to get on the housing ladder, now i'm older and wiser selling all the coouncil houses seemed a good idea as it let me buy one but the council didnt build new houses so there is now a shortage :rolleyes: living in the west of scotland if you support anything the tories did was frowned upon, but as my first statement says does it really matter look at the sh1t labour have us in now, there is nothing but lies from (nearly)them all trying to feather their own nest, with the punters paying the price, but Maggie's name causes people to spout all sortd of bile, but others seem to get off lighter, i honestly dont care who is i power and never will as i have never voted even once and i am 47

JohnD Didnt realise it must stick in your throat so much to say Thatcher was right instead of more of our sevicemen getting killed.

Kirkgas the tories did not get into power till may 79 so you got your job under labour

To state correctly, we were never at war with Argentina, the falklands was a conflict.

Could you be referring to Baroness Thatcher, indisputably the greatest British prime minister of the post-war era?
Just one piece of advice son if you wish to keep any credibility on this forum, stay off the drugs!

thanks namsag, see i told you i dont know/care about politics :oops: i def started in feb 78 just after i was 16, so if labour policy to better control the councils gave me the job then thanks to them

2scoops what is the difference between a war and a conflict? perhaps you are a politician in the making (or is that an insult too far!!)

Sponsored Links
Back