Unistrut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The roofrack on my car has always been a bit undersized, espacilly for transporting 8x4 sheets of timber, plasterboards, doors etc, so I made a new one today.

unislut.jpg

Ta-da! :D :D

Is there anything you can't do with unistrut? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Beats your unistrut shelves for originality!

And is that the merc? Dont you have a purpose vehicle for large items, like, oooh lets say . . a van? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You could have let monkey out!

He's passed out with dehydration!
get him a cup of PG Tips instantly!

that should whistle well going down the road..

if you put your hand out of the window and cover some of the holes can you get a tune out of it? ;)

an extra cross bar in the middle might be a good idea for added support and for when you have shorter things on..

Does not really matter what the roof rack is made from the car manufacturer sets the max you can carry and unless like some Landrover types it has bars which transfer the weight to chassis then no better than the type tested ones you buy. Plus likely insurance will not cover.

Not sure about law. I use to make my own towing bars, mainly to tow boat wanted ball at front too. But now not permitted must have type approval.

lovely job :D

might i suggest screwing some cable tray to the bonnet for a finishing touch. -Will give you somewhere to ty-rap your sandwiches in the morning

IT will all only be as strong as the ladder bars it is fixed to.

i had a unistrut roof rack 15 years ago!

i have also made a few out of 25mm conduit - welded together

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back