Upgrading to multi-point lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to upgrade my front door's lock to a kitemarked multi-point lock (the kind that insurance companies like to see). The UPVC door currently just has a single latch although it looks like there are cut-outs towards the top and bottom in both the door and the frame where I presume there was once previously a more sophisticated locking system.

I don't have loads of time to invest in this but it seems like it should be fairly straightforward.

- What are the key things to look out for, things to measure up etc. when sourcing a new lock?
- Is there much of a chance that a new locking system wouldn't be compatible with my old UPVC door. At around £100 for a multi-point lock it seems a lot cheaper than getting a whole new door.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yale make a universal deadbolt and roller cam lock , that comes with a ' keep 'plate. You may be able to use that ( there are occasions when it doesn't fit so do a little research first )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back