Use expanding foam to close cavity round window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing plasterboard round a UPVC window. I have already added expanding foam round the window frame to close up any gaps.

But I also want to close up the cavity round the window, am I safe to use a small amount of expanding foam for this?

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 675
Sponsored Links
Use a suitable cavity closer.

It may also be worthwhile to investigate why your cavity has so much debris and no cavity insulation in it.

Also, in areas won't you be attaching plasterboard directly to he outer leaf? You should consider insulated boards to the reveals due to your window position.

Yes. DPC up the back of the outside wall.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure before I caused myself more problems than I am trying to solve :)

Use a suitable cavity closer.

It may also be worthwhile to investigate why your cavity has so much debris and no cavity insulation in it.

The debris is snots of mortar which are attatched so I can't remove them.

What sort of insulation would you expect to find in there? I don't have any insulation on any of the walls which I imagine is part of the reason sound insulation is so bad between me and the neighbours

Sponsored Links
Ah well if no insulation was expected then that's ok !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back