Useless purchases or why the hell did I buy that.

Thermo said:
eddie ill buy the im350....seriously! send me an e-mail!

Well it is used when my Brother in law and I have a project on the go. It's just we don't have any on the go at the moment. We're going to look in Italy at the end of the year for another suitable project, as I make the probably wholly daft move from one career to another. Also, as I think I've alluded to before, it keeps jamming despite having been serviced, so might not be a good purchase on your part. However I'll bear you in mind if I get so fed up with it that I think of chucking it, then, you can have it for nothing!

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
Eddie M said:
100m drum of 3 phase 10mm(?) SWA. - Ebay (£1.97) !!.

If you don't want it / have no use for it, get it down to your local scrap man.

Copper is worth a fortune at the moment.

I'd only spend it on something else I don't need. I'm sort of hankering after a bandsaw at the moment. (Madness)

buy a hardly-used one from anobium

then you can make me a couple of wedges :)

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
buy a hardly-used one from anobium

then you can make me a couple of wedges :)

I can do that with my radial arm or mitre saw. :LOL:

BOB D.O.L.E said:
The KING of all useless purcheses is the BREAD MAKER MACHINE..........

Mines still in the box, had it 6 month now.

I think my one and only impulse buy was the step excersise machine, its a clumpy looking thing, it has two steps, and you stand on it and do alternate steps.
It has a low, med and high resistance, and its the most knackering thing I have ever encountered.

I would go on it, and if I lasted 2 mins I felt as though I had climbed a mountain, it was a killer, hubby moaned at me for buying it, 'you'll never use it' he scoffed, 'Oh yes I will' says I, always like to have the last word, (as women do) ;)
But after about 5 days I hated it, as its too much hard work, as I didnt want hubby to be right, (for once), I would hear his car pull in the drive, and by the time he came in I was huffing and puffing on the darn machine.

After 2 weeks of this, it was driving me mad, and to make matters worse he would stand there watching me,and taking the peez.

So he came in one day, and I wasnt on it, he asked where it was, I said its in the shed, as something snapped in it, and asked him to fix it for me knowing darn well it would be a month of sundays before he got round to it. :D

I havent mentioned, and more to the point HE hasnt mentioned either. :LOL:

I will never impulse buy again thats for sure.

spice said:
I think my one and only impulse buy was the step excersise machine, its a clumpy looking thing, it has two steps, and you stand on it and do alternate steps.
It has a low, med and high resistance, and its the most knackering thing I have ever encountered.

I would go on it, and if I lasted 2 mins I felt as though I had climbed a mountain, it was a killer, hubby moaned at me for buying it, 'you'll never use it' he scoffed, 'Oh yes I will' says I, always like to have the last word, (as women do) ;)
But after about 5 days I hated it, as its too much hard work, as I didnt want hubby to be right, (for once), I would hear his car pull in the drive, and by the time he came in I was huffing and puffing on the darn machine.

After 2 weeks of this, it was driving me mad, and to make matters worse he would stand there watching me,and taking the peez.

So he came in one day, and I wasnt on it, he asked where it was, I said its in the shed, as something snapped in it, and asked him to fix it for me knowing darn well it would be a month of sundays before he got round to it. :D

I don't understand this - why didn't you just admit you were mistaken?

spice said:
untill the next time.

most impulse gadgets are only suitable for some people.

Bread maker

I met a lady the other day, who is on her 2nd bread maker, uses it everyday, she also said the el cheapo ones (that most buy) are a waste, which is why no one uses them again.

Glue gun

got one for free, it either clogs up, or takes about 20 mins to get hot, only use it to stick leds in trunking, dont think much to them, although i have seen one used to glue an alarm cable to a wall.

Electric saw (all types)

very good for big projects only, but i do have a jigsaw (on 2nd one 1st one stopped, broke it trying to open it :cry: ) it has a "laser" guide , whats the point? if you move the saw, the guide moves too. (dont tell me you mark the work first and keep them both aligned, but that doesnt work on a circle)

I also have a circular saw, great for slicing push fit pipe :confused:

Electric drill

had 3 in my time, still got one left (last one i nearly P my pants laughing, mate was using it and gearbox gave up, I didn't know you could get that much oil in a drill.

Battery drill

lost count the number i have had, lost, and worn out, never buy an el cheapo one.

Pillar drill

on / off switch broke :cry:

:idea: fitted architrive switch :)

vice for holding work jambs though.

want router, not sure how to use it, no reall need, left it on shelf at store, save money that way. :)

PDA

got one from company, never buy one, novel idea, screen too small for use other than jawbreaker (its a game)

Battery tester
(got given one by mate) For testing SLA alarm batteries. piece of expensive junk.
Unreliable, has to be at room temp to give vaguely acurate reading, whats wrong with a dmm?

Plug in watt/ amp/cost meter from Maplin.

Great i now know tv uses xA so what? I still want to watch tv.

Before i buy anything now i now think what am i really going to use it for, do i really want one?

Bst Buy

Digital camera.

I can take pictures of other peoples stuff and laugh

notb665 said:
spice said:

What!!!!! and admit I am wrong.... God forbid, I would never hear the end of it. :rolleyes:

notb665 said:
spice said:

SHES A WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

notb665 said:
spice said:

Do you not know many woman? ;)

I sold my entire set of encyclopedias when I got married................

breezer said:
got one from company, never buy one, novel idea, screen too small for use other than jawbreaker (its a game)

ah jawbreaker :D

spent many an hour wasting time with that on my pda.

im now wasting vast quantities of time playing space cadet pinball on my laptop.

Tim 77 said:
notb665 said:
spice said:

Do you not know many woman? ;)

I sold my entire set of encyclopedias when I got married................

I ain't gonna say to other people how to run their relationships.

I am in a relationship with a woman who will admit she's wrong if she is, just like I will if I am. We don't play silly little nasty mind games. If you're wrong you're wrong - what's the big deal?

notb665 said:
I ain't gonna say to other people how to run their relationships.

I am in a relationship with a woman who will admit she's wrong if she is, just like I will if I am. We don't play silly little nasty mind games. If you're wrong you're wrong - what's the big deal?

I aint gonna to say to people how to have a sense of humour either :rolleyes:
Op who replied to my posts did so in a jokey manner,as they saw the funny side, which it was meant to be, and thats what I expected, I didnt expect a Dear Dierdre reply lol ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back