utility bill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.... last February my energy supplier debited two energy bills on the same day and it was taken out of my bank. When I queried this they said they would credit the amount of one bill back into my bank. I only found this out the other day when checking my energy usage for last year. I checked my bank transactions and the money for the two bills was taken out on the same day. I checked later dates but found no money credited back to me. I have been in touch with my energy company and they say the money was credited back into my account. I contacted my bank and they checked and could find no credited amount in my account. I am now waiting to hear from my energy supplier who will re-check. Does anyone know how I stand in tis situation.
cheers
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Bottom line I suppose is that if your energy supplier maintains that it has paid the money into your account then you would have to take it to court. There is an energy ombudsman but the little dealings that I have had with ombudsmen is that they are pretty useless.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

Bottom line I suppose is that if your energy supplier maintains that it has paid the money into your account then you would have to take it to court.

Load of crap.

If it's not in his bank, they haven't paid it.

Sponsored Links
All fine and dandy saying that "if the mony isn't in the bank they haven't paid it" but if the energy company says they have paid it and keeps on saying that the only two alternatives the OP has are what I posted. Actually well hells bells that's the question the OP asked.

All fine and dandy saying that "if the mony isn't in the bank they haven't paid it" but if the energy company says they have paid it and keeps on saying that the only two alternatives the OP has are what I posted. Actually well hells bells that's the question the OP asked.

It's all fine and legal too.

Five minutes on MSE and Citizens Advice will tell you that. Stop pulling nonsense out about court when there's no basis for such an argument.

Give them time to recheck and then issue a Letter before action setting out the costs you'll be claiming if they don't action. How much are we talking about?

no I always transfer payment from my bank into energy companies account

My advice would be to make any future payments using DD as you could have used an indemnity claim to bring back funds.

Just to be certain, have you checked account statements with them to make sure they didn't transfer it as credit with them rather than into your bank? They like to hold on to money and credit your account with them so they earn interest on it as well as bolstering their own books - not that they need it.

I'd also contact citizens advice. They usually have a template to lodge an official complaint with the provider.

Then you might want to look here: https://www.ombudsman-services.org

I'd also check with the bank to ensure they can't call back funds.

have you checked iff both payments have been credited to your power account and iff one has been shown as removed or transfered out ??

Sponsored Links
Back