Utility warehouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I had a query regarding gas/electric bills. I am currently with EOn next, they are saying I have to pay around £434 per month via DD. That is an extortionate amount, I am aware of the energy crisis but that still is an extreme amount. Out of all the energy suppliers out there is Utility Warehouse one of the companies that are offering the cheapest quotes and DD?

Sponsored Links
I’m the same. SSE moved me to OVO but I’d rather not be with them. I phoned UW and fancied moving over to them.
The guy was supposed to phone me back but iv not heard from him yet.

I’m the same. SSE moved me to OVO but I’d rather not be with them. I phoned UW and fancied moving over to them.
The guy was supposed to phone me back but iv not heard from him yet.
Is ovo energy not good? Also what is making you to move to UW? Did someone recommend you to move there or is it out of your interest? I did have a look on their website and they do seem like a decent company and it looks like they are slightly cheaper. It works out even cheaper if you do the bundle: broadband, energy, insurance…

You should give your details to a UW partner and they would get back to you

I tried to phone OVO but their number was very well hidden. Eventually I found a number and phoned it, I got the run around, dead ends, had to try calling again etc, it was just a waste of time.
I then phoned UW, they answered immediately and were really helpful so that’s the main reason I wanted to move.
The prices were very similar but, UW say they only take the value of the amount of power used as opposed to taking a set amount every month.

Sponsored Links
I tried to phone OVO but their number was very well hidden. Eventually I found a number and phoned it, I got the run around, dead ends, had to try calling again etc, it was just a waste of time.
I then phoned UW, they answered immediately and were really helpful so that’s the main reason I wanted to move.
The prices were very similar but, UW say they only take the value of the amount of power used as opposed to taking a set amount every month.
Oh ok. Fair enough. Thinking whether it is worth the move. They seem like an all round good company. Would probably be a slight difference. I am putting a quote through and they are saying £450 a month which is extortionate. Not very ideal. I also wonder if they would fit a new smart meter so I wouldn’t have to give manual readings. Recently got my meters partly changed by Eon

The 'Martin Lewis Show' on the box tonight had some info about fair DD payments. Maybe worth a catch-up watch.

The 'Martin Lewis Show' on the box tonight had some info about fair DD payments. Maybe worth a catch-up watch.
as martin lewis said tonight there are no fixed deals and no company will commit to a competitive deal for at least a week as they dont know what the level the government will set on the increase before then [20 more or zero]??

regardless of it being an extortionate amount how much are you actually using

That is an extortionate amount, I am aware of the energy crisis but that still is an extreme amount.
There are two factors there; one that you've had years of cheap energy, which forms your basis for comparison and two that you may use a lot of electricity. As well as shopping around for cheaper deals, have you looked at where your electricity goes, and how you might reduce usage?

We're with OVO and have never had any problems. Mind you, I’ve never needed to call them. We were lucky and renewed our fixed price contract in October '21 just a week before prices went crazy. We pay £127 a month and are currently £353 in credit (that includes todays payment of £127). Fixed deal ends this October so may have to look around then.

regardless of it being an extortionate amount how much are you actually using
I don’t know the exact amounts. My smart meters got partly installed. Eon need to come again to complete the installation so that I get an IHD. That way it will accurately tell me. My Gas is coming up more pricey than electricity. I am literally reducing the gas so much. I hardly put the gas heater on and sit it the cold. If I do put it on its for like maximum 2 hours a day. Also limiting other usages like reducing the washing temp of my washing machine, reducing the temp for water on my boiler…

There are two factors there; one that you've had years of cheap energy, which forms your basis for comparison and two that you may use a lot of electricity. As well as shopping around for cheaper deals, have you looked at where your electricity goes, and how you might reduce usage?
Yes. Gas is the main issue. Gas I am getting charged more for than electricity. But I am literally reducing gas by hardly putting my heating on. Rarely put the central heating on and maybe like 2 hrs a day for gas heating

We're with OVO and have never had any problems. Mind you, I’ve never needed to call them. We were lucky and renewed our fixed price contract in October '21 just a week before prices went crazy. We pay £127 a month and are currently £353 in credit (that includes todays payment of £127). Fixed deal ends this October so may have to look around then.
Your energy usage must be really low then as you ain’t paying that price around this time. Also how many people are in your household? Maybe 2? Because that monthly price was back then

Current 'real world' natural gas trading price available here . . . . .

Attachments

• Natural Gas Price.png
    Natural Gas Price.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
Back