Vaillant diverter valve Improved design?

10 pages on a diverter valve that takes 30 minutes to fit.:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
It's all the black is white and white is black arguing that makes it go on and on. It's unbelievable!

I've been looking back through quite a few threads and people come on here to ask genuine questions, get a stupid cocky reply then don't reply or visit the forum ever again.

Sponsored Links
Also it's worth noting the original question wasn't actually answered until I compared the 2 valves when I changed them (y)

Also it's worth noting the original question wasn't actually answered until I compared the 2 valves when I changed them (y)

The point you seem unwilling to see is that everyone who has replied ultimately has YOUR best interests at heart.

On the Homeserve cover; time how long the engineer is in your house for. 20mins tops I guarantee it. Do you really think they'll carry the gaskets with them? These guys are probably getting £10 a service so they're all about quantity not quality. I was offered some work for Corgi homeware (or whatever it's called). 2 things stuck out to me:
1. I was told that if any faults were found I was to discuss it wth them before notifying the customer.
2. The service was to be "minimal" whatever that means.

I told them to stick it.

Good luck but you'd be better off sticking the monthly payment in a biscuit tin and paying a reputable local firm to carry out the service.

The point you seem unwilling to see is that everyone who has replied ultimately has YOUR best interests at heart.

On the Homeserve cover; time how long the engineer is in your house for. 20mins tops I guarantee it. Do you really think they'll carry the gaskets with them? These guys are probably getting £10 a service so they're all about quantity not quality. I was offered some work for Corgi homeware (or whatever it's called). 2 things stuck out to me:
1. I was told that if any faults were found I was to discuss it wth them before notifying the customer.
2. The service was to be "minimal" whatever that means.

I told them to stick it.

Good luck but you'd be better off sticking the monthly payment in a biscuit tin and paying a reputable local firm to carry out the service.

I completely understand the safety aspect of it but you've got to admit certain members of this forum go completely over the top with their 'advice'

I might just hunt down a decent local guy then.

I've been looking back through quite a few threads and people come on here to ask genuine questions, get a stupid cocky reply then don't reply or visit the forum ever again.

Yep. That's because it normally doesn't take more than a few pages for them to figure out that they are not going to get much useful advice on here once they have opened the sealed combustion chamber.

So far you are on page 11 and you seem to enjoy coming back for more on a daily basis.

What do you find so interesting in this thread that you feel the need to keep coming back for more?

Surely you must have something more important in your life to focus on than this?

It's not even people asking about sealed appliances in the threads I've read though.

I'm just amazed at some people's attitude on here. Don't worry I'll just use Google in future.

You're probably one of the worst people for it Dan. If somebody disagrees with you you throw your toys out of the pram.

Last edited:
Oh there is very little toy chucking, trust me.
Much amusement though as it seems we are very lucky here that all of God's gifts to engineering come here for advice on their boilers. (y):whistle:

I never proclaimed to be God's gift to engineering. I was pointing out I'm not an idiot like you automatically seem to assume everybody is with your condescending attitude.

The thing is I wasn't asking for basic help. I was asking technical questions which nobody actually managed to answer

You gave the only vague answer when I asked if the diverter valve has been improved by saying Vaillant have polished their turd a bit. No real usefull information there.

Nobody actually managed to answer why only the bath/shower was getting low DHW temp but the other taps were fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back