vaillant or worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to change an old boiler. Which one should I choose for a open vented system (cold water tank, hot water cylinder, F&E cistern) ? Vailland ecotec 438 or Worcester Bosch regular 30? I heard the vaillant has a lower maintenance cost with cheaper parts. But worcester has difficulties to put hands on because the very limited spaces inside of the box. Is it true? I thought Worcester is the German products and more trustable, is it?

Sponsored Links
They are both big boilers you sure you need so much heat ? especially with the vaillant

Sponsored Links
Can I throw a spanner in the works and suggest a viessmann 35 200w system with weather compensation. Truly amazing boiler. Fitted many last year and not had a single call back or complaint.

5 year standard garauntee. Have the combi version in my own home. Also it's solar compatible for future installation if req

No one votes Worcester? I was told that is good boiler brand. British Gas give £400 discount for installing Worcester.

my vote is worcester every time! easy to work on and fit, excellent reliability and back up if req'd.

get it fitted by a reg installer and get a 6 yr warranty!!

A lot on here spout about the cheaper boilers because they get them at half the price of a worcester but charge the cust the same as if fitting a worcester...lots more profit..simples!

I charge roughly 1600 for a combi to combi swap. People near me charge the same for a biasi??? work that one out!

"experts" on here tend not to like the major players for their own reasons! Worcester claim that they contacted all gassafe engineers and 90% said they would fit a worcester boiler in their own home. Unfortuneatley the other 10% COME ON HERE!

Worcester claim that they contacted all gassafe engineers and 90% said they would fit a worcester boiler in their own home

They claim to have done.
I'm GSR and have never been asked.

easy to work on and fit

Not easy to work on, as for fitting, love the cheap level they have on some of their boilers, especially their cheap and nasty plastic Jig.

As long as you don't use their level to hang boiler, you might just get it to look half decent on the wall.

ps
Why is the condensate trap always full of aluminium ;)

WB are overpriced garbage.

boilers are like light bulbs, some last 5 mins some last 15 yrs. its a lottery.
intergas for me!

Vaillant ecotec 438 or Worcester Bosch regular 30?
How was the size of boiler determined? They are mighty big for most houses.

I thought Worcester is the German products and more trustable, is it?
Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are "German" companies. But I don't know if the boilers are made in Germany or in the UK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back