Vans parked outside your house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any laws that prevent high sided vans from parking outside your house and blocking the light. Its not outside mine yet but its working its way round.
Failing that it'll be the heavy stuff :evil:

Sponsored Links
hasn't this been asked before? and i reckon there's nowt you can do... you can't even stop someone blocking your drive and stopping you getting in or out!

If the van has valid road tax it can park anywhere a car can. You do not own the road outside your house and tradesmen need to park somewhere.

Theres not much you can do, have a friendly word and ask does he mind parking a little further away, but then you might have other neighbours doing the exact same thing.

Sponsored Links
When is the van being parked? Daytime, evening or overnight?

Its evening and overnight. As i said its not quite here yet but getting closer.
With further research the only way to get it shifted is if the local council has parking restrictions in order prohibiting such vehicles from being ' garaged' on a public highway...

Its evening and overnight. As i said its not quite here yet but getting closer.
With further research the only way to get it shifted is if the local council has parking restrictions in order prohibiting such vehicles from being ' garaged' on a public highway...

so its not outside your house and your worried about the "light" being blocked overnight. . . . . .

:confused:

If that was my van I'd park it where the fek I liked as long as it was legal.

Trying to be prepared for when its outside my house. (its next door at the mo) And when its ther from 5pm then at the mo thats another 5 hrs of light.

Has the van got any company labels/hoardings on it. If it has then a call to their offices may be worth a long shot - they may be unaware that one of their vehicles is being parked off site, or at least may not want such adverse publicity. If it has no such logos, then as you have said the only way would be via the council unless it is of excessive width and blocking the highway.

Has the van got any company labels/hoardings on it. If it has then a call to their offices may be worth a long shot - they may be unaware that one of their vehicles is being parked off site, or at least may not want such adverse publicity. If it has no such logos, then as you have said the only way would be via the council unless it is of excessive width and blocking the highway.

Its a large delivery van (F**-*x) So not even a tradesman...

If it's working its way along it'll soon pass you by.

The road is a public highway; vans can park on it and the council have nothing to do with it as long as its taxed and insured with a current m.o.t.

"Light being blocked" is a petty argument imo, sounds a bit like a curtain twitcher busybody with nothing better to do.

The road is a public highway; vans can park on it and the council have nothing to do with it as long as its taxed and insured with a current m.o.t.

"Light being blocked" is a petty argument imo, sounds a bit like a curtain twitcher busybody with nothing better to do.

If you're looking for a wind up go and meeow somewhere else....

It's not a windup it just seems very, very petty to me. The van driver has to park somewhere and if somebody else has parked outside his house then what do you expect him to do exactly?

Sponsored Links
Back