Vans parked outside your house

Some estates have a covenant on them or whatever you would call it that vans cant be parked on the road at any time by the householders not even on there own driveways i know a few guys who have had to sell up after it has been enforced, vans had to fit into the garages.

That happened to my younger brother after a neighbour objected to him parking his van on his own drive. Apparently it lowered the tone :rolleyes:
I'd have to say that there's a lot of people out there that'd agree with that. Having a load of vans parked everywhere, or general parking problems, is going to lower the value of your house.

There's a few tradesmen with vans on my street, but they park them on their drives and there's no problem.
Technically they're all breaking the covenant, but people don't mind because they're being good neighbours.

One thing that annoys me is when people have a perfectly good drive, but tradesmen park their vans down the road in front of your house presumably so they don't upset their customer.
Our house is on a bend and it's extremely dangerous.

There's an unwritten rule that you don't park in front of peoples houses down side streets.
The reason there's not yellow lines down every street is that it'd look ugly.

You shouldn't need to put cones outside your house like they did in that comedy Bread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zU3-_BjuX0&feature=related

Sponsored Links
Unwritten rule you don't park outside someones house in side streets? :LOL:
No yellow lines because it's ugly?

What a load of crap!

I came home from work, and there was a beat up Volvo parked outside my house, and at the time I had 3 cars, so I parked right upto his back bumper, and moved my other car right up to the other bumper, as this had been happening more and more.

Eventually gets a knock on, can you move your car please? So I goes out to move it, he's a workman for 2 doors down, so I insert the key into door, and the Family come rushing out of this house, that their kids have been bullying my kids, they have been really anti social to everyone in the street; so with this abuse directed at me, I refuse. They ain't gonna shout at me.

Next thing the police are at my door, move your car, so I explain that they have verbally abused me, and constantly parked in front of my house, instead of their own, and been anti-social, and the bullying etc..so the Family are still shouting abuse at me, so I opens up a tinny, says not fit to drive; so the cop breaks into my house, steals my key from me, moves my car (uninsured), and breaks the handbrake. I report this to the Chief constable, but he rings me at the same time as the garage were calling at the door to collect the car for repair. So no real resolution. The car had to go back as the repair failed also. PCHQ refused to payup.

Sponsored Links
Its even worse around my way some people have the cheek and the brass neck to actually walk past my house not just once but several times a day .
They make up stories like they are going to the shops or picking up the kids from school etc etc its getting to such a worry its affecting my sleep. . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back