Vans parked outside your house

If the driver parks outside your house and blocks access to and from your driveway, you can report it to the police and they do have powers to ticket the vehicle. However, if he isn't blocking your driveway, there's nowt you can do (as long as the vehicle is taxed, insured and has a valid MOT certificate (if necessary) ). ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
by yourself a cheap vehicle with a years mot third party insurance road tax
problem solved
cost you about £1 a day for peace off mind ;)

If the driver parks outside your house and blocks access to and from your driveway, you can report it to the police and they do have powers to ticket the vehicle. However, if he isn't blocking your driveway, there's nowt you can do (as long as the vehicle is taxed, insured and has a valid MOT certificate (if necessary) ). ;) ;)

it is NOT illegal to block an empty drive, check it out with your local plod, it is illegal to block a vehicle in a drive (in case it is required to be used in an emergency), but if you return to find your drive blocked and you cant park nothing will be done,

to the OP get a life FFS, and to those who advise calling the company etc, NO, what if the driver gets pulled as a neighbour has complained and told he cant take the van home, he cant get to work on time and loses his job, it is snobbery to complain about works vans, it gets on my wick, i live 100m from a train station and often come home to find cars parked there, so what as long as they are legal they can park where the like, ok it is cars but if my next door neighbour got a job which supplied a van to add to his and her cars then good for him, i have had works vans home for years and have taken up parking spaces so if it is all right for us it is all right for them as well, live and let live and if anyone needs a real problem to take up their time, ask around plenty of folk have enough to share round

Sponsored Links
No problems kirkgas as I was merely answering the opening posters query and not making any moral judgement on his motives. As for asking the company then surely the company has a right to know the whereabouts of its fleet vehices since they have to pay the insurance for them and it may be part of their policy.

Maybe the driver is putting it in different places so no one person takes the hit. Sharing out their problem with others in the street. That seems a decent thing to do. What would you do?

Other than that leave a note on the screen saying ' I have a bed ridden granny/person in the room your van would screen the sky off from, so, would you mind not parking it outside my house, thankyou for your consideration.'

Yea, I think that should do it :)

Some estates have a covenant on them or whatever you would call it that vans cant be parked on the road at any time by the householders not even on there own driveways i know a few guys who have had to sell up after it has been enforced, vans had to fit into the garages.

Some estates have a covenant on them or whatever you would call it that vans cant be parked on the road at any time by the householders not even on there own driveways i know a few guys who have had to sell up after it has been enforced, vans had to fit into the garages.

That happened to my younger brother after a neighbour objected to him parking his van on his own drive. Apparently it lowered the tone :rolleyes:

it is NOT illegal to block an empty drive, check it out with your local plod, it is illegal to block a vehicle in a drive (in case it is required to be used in an emergency), but if you return to find your drive blocked and you cant park nothing will be done,

to the OP get a life FFS, and to those who advise calling the company etc, NO, what if the driver gets pulled as a neighbour has complained and told he cant take the van home, he cant get to work on time and loses his job, it is snobbery to complain about works vans, it gets on my wick, i live 100m from a train station and often come home to find cars parked there, so what as long as they are legal they can park where the like, ok it is cars but if my next door neighbour got a job which supplied a van to add to his and her cars then good for him, i have had works vans home for years and have taken up parking spaces so if it is all right for us it is all right for them as well, live and let live and if anyone needs a real problem to take up their time, ask around plenty of folk have enough to share round

Spot on i work for a large communications company i used to park my van outside MY house when i needed to move the cars off my drive,my busy body neighbour phoned my employer and complained that i was parking outside MY house,she never spoke to me about it.The outcome was i was told to leave it on the drive when not in use as the company i work for will bend over backwards not to upset anyone.

Sponsored Links
Back