Vegan Cheese

Sponsored Links
Not trying to show off, just seeing if I can still post here (sorry Himmy).

Ops, yes I can.

tontopallus.gif
I have thought of an explanation for the meaning of race, but I'm afraid it is scientifically complete nonsense so I'd better keep it to myself. It is utter b****cks though.

Sponsored Links
Since you can't call it Cheshire cheese unless made in Cheshire but you can call is cheddar cheese even if made in New Zealand it is not easy to work out what is allowed, but vegan cheeses are clearly not possible if cheese is defined as a food made from the pressed curds of milk, unless we can define milk other than an opaque white fluid rich in fat and protein, secreted by female mammals for the nourishment of their young.
upload_2019-3-17_8-48-4.jpeg

Made with butter is not the same as made from butter, clearly it has additions like lemon.

Wensleydale cheese was traditionally made from sheep's milk, although not any longer.

And words like Cream can refer to a milk product or a texture, so in the UK ice cream does not need to have milk in it, cream refers to texture, if using milk it's dairy ice cream. However it seems this is not true in France and they complained that our ice cream was not made from milk.

There are many odd things, like peanuts are not nuts.

I really don't know how we would survive if we did not eat animal products? I am sure there is a non animal replacement for mothers milk, and a baby could be reared without it, however I would trust mothers milk far more than some product made in a lab.

I also enjoy seeing sheep, cows, and other animals in the fields and mountains of Wales where I live, where often it would be near impossible to use mechanised methods to collect crops, and I know it people stopped using animal products these animals in the fields would vanish, I don't want to have to visit a zoo to see a cow. So not into vegan.

Words and phrases like synthetic oil, is it animal, vegetable or mineral, it surly must come from one of them?

Wensleydale cheese was traditionally made from sheep's milk, although not any longer.
Makes sense. The same probably applies to other Yporkshire dale cheeses.

Stilton wasn't originally made in Stilton, it was made elsewhere and then transported there for sale.

And, of course, would never originally have been made with pasteurised milk. Now it must be, and if you use non-pasteurised, even if in every other making and geographical aspects the cheese is identical, you may not call it Stilton. To cap the madness it may not even be made in Stilton.

(But don't tell EFLI any of this - he does not believe that words can ever change their meaning).

You, too, used to believe that.

Electrocution.
I have explained to you before what my position is on that.

I do think that the dictionaries were too quick to legitimise the change of meaning of that word.

I do not dispute that meanings change over time, nor that the role of dictionaries is to document that, nor that the change has happened.

You know this full well, but you keep on and on and on bringing it up because you will not accept that words do change in meaning, or at least not when the change conflicts with your racist ideology.

I guess if someone had complained to the advertising standards watchdog about "Meat free chicken nuggets", they'd probably have acted. Chicken pot noodle is also meat free. Also highly misleading. Cheese however, tends to be distinguished by origin and many of those are protected.

440px-Chicken_%26_Mushroom_Pot_Noodle.jpg

Having read this https://www.devonlive.com/news/uk-world-news/dairy-farmers-rage-britains-first-2555277

however, I can see why they are complaining - the shop does step close if not over the line. Alcohol free champaign anyone?

Last edited:
I have explained to you before what my position is on that.

I do think that the dictionaries were too quick to legitimise the change of meaning of that word.

I do not dispute that meanings change over time, nor that the role of dictionaries is to document that, nor that the change has happened.

You know this full well, but you keep on and on and on bringing it up because you will not accept that words do change in meaning, or at least not when the change conflicts with your racist ideology.

Guess we'll have to ensure dictionary compilers consult you first in future then.

Stop writing such utter boƖƖocks. What the hell has happened to you?

That my view of the meaning of a word differs from your nonsense has no bearing on my view or treatment of certain groups of people.

That I correct someone's misuse of a word does not mean that I am whatever they misused.

Chicken pot noodle is also meat free. Also highly misleading.
A useful tip for you - if you pay attention to what they tell you you'll find you get misled much less often:

upload_2019-3-17_17-29-27.png

Plus the matter of the list of ingredients on the back, where chicken is conspicuous by it's absence:

ingredients_en.8.full.jpg

Maybe because you see in the people complaining a kindred unwillingness to 'kin simply pay attention.

upload_2019-3-17_17-37-56.png

Its chicken and mushroom flavour - and only contains mushroom. Plenty of polls suggest the public don't know pot noodle is meat free

Read the rest of the article - All sorts of protected cheeses being faked.

The shop was hailed a huge success with vegans travelling far and wide to check out the new award-winning dairy free cheddar, camembert, mozzarella and halloumi on offer.

Mozzarella has a TSG
Halloumi has a pending PDO
I suspect there will be others.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back