Veritas 8 Alarm Panel Cover Removal - Help Pleasey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks hoping someone can help with this quandary...

I Moved into a house with an old Veritas alarm which seems to need a new battery, but I cant get the alarm box front panel off.

It has two white plastic lug type fittings with a flat head slot. These just turn to 4 positions but none of these seem to release to cover.. The only videos I can find show the panel cover fixed by two traditional screws

I don't want to force it and bust anything any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_152542625.jpg
    IMG_20201101_152542625.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 520
Sponsored Links
Turn 90 deg with screwdriver and pull forward. This will expose a pozi head screw,unscrew the screw completely on each side.Lid will then lift off forward.

Dur that seems so obvious now thanks so much.. they came off real easy.... (y) job done and replaced the battery... the old one was 16 yrs old :rolleyes:.

Seems the the alarm functions ok now and the unset light stays solid after the reset (it flashed before) . but the red tamper light stays on... I've tried the code to reveal the tamper codes ie User code: Prog: 06: Omit but it doesn't show me anything am I missing something?o_O

Sponsored Links
hmm dont get that many that are programmed up that way, or with the anticode reset.

chances are its a 3 lid tamper for the panel spring not closing with the lid back on

Hmmm:confused: curiouser and curiouser...:cool:

firstly I appreciate all the previous comments.. thanks (y)

So.... I Disconnected the power supply and expected the panel to stay on from the new battery... but it didn't o_O

So the battery still isn't powering the panel when the powers off... Faulty transformer ?:cautious:

Checked the battery fuse... its fine (y)

Checked the battery... showing 12v on my voltmeter (y)

Checked the tamper spring in the panel its seems fine and nicely aligned :unsure:

Put it all back together carefully, powered up and reset with the user code... still showing red tamper with unset light solid green :rolleyes:

Tried the walk test codes + Omit

As I get to walk test mode I get a continuous series of 9 panel beeps

Each sensor showing up when triggered (There are only 4)

I Press OMIT at this point does nothing... :( the omit button registers with a beep on the keypad but I don't get a fault code.

Puzzle continues... (insert scratchy head emoji)

What I am missing on the fault code reading thing?

Check what voltage you get from the battery lead.......low then new panel!

have you tried the event log and doing the same when tamper illuminated?

A POWER FAULT WOULD NORMALLY DISPLAY A 2 , however the manual say not applicable.

if you try to set can you set with omit 0 prog or omit 9 prog with a valid user code?

have you tried the event log and doing the same when tamper illuminated?

A POWER FAULT WOULD NORMALLY DISPLAY A 2 , however the manual say not applicable.

if you try to set can you set with omit 0 prog or omit 9 prog with a valid user code?

I cant seem to get an event log to show... :confused: So the power (and tamper) thing is still a mystery

The battery is fully charged - The battery fuse is good - but it just doesn't run from the battery :cool:

So next question is the voltage on the battery leads (3 to 4 volts enough?

Just wish I could get those tamper codes to show..:mad:

Some good news though...

I was able to get the panel to set with User Code: Full: Omit: 9: Prog So thanks for that (y)

Got the exit tone, then armed, then entry tone on detecting movement so that's defo progress.. it reset nicely too :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back