Veritas R8 zone disablement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
one of the zones on my veritas is the door contact for my garage up and over door

When the system is unset and i open the door it sets a tamper alert

Is there a way i can isolate this before i open the garage door to save me having to turn the tamper off after the door is opened??

Sponsored Links
Tamper are a 24 hr.
Has it always done this.
If not fault cable,loose cover on junction box etc

Its always been set up like this.

Even if the alarm is unset the garage door being opened triggers the panel to alert us via a tamper. Zone 8 red light comes on.

Sponsored Links
That's if it's on a zone and not on a global tamper ....did a question get removed ? ......

so the garage door is on Zone 8, so you can program the zone up to guard and place it on chime, this means when its set it will go off into alarm when unset it will activate the chime.

If garage door is on zone 8 you will need the engineering code to change the option.
You will program the zone as an alarm zone.
If no engineer code this can not be done with out the code.
Option then would be get installer in if installed by someone or default panel to reset engineering code.

Okay what zone type was zone 8 set to originally?

Only need the number.

Take a picture to verify the condition on the keypad

Do you have a Veritas r8 or r8 plus.

If R8plus then you can have tamper on individual zones, this would then suggest you may not have the contact set up correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back