veritas r8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
New to the board so hello,
I have a question on the above named alarm system.
I have just been away for a few days, the first night away the alarm went off 9-30 pm and according to friend it showed up as vibration sensor on bathroom window but no signs of tampering. He reset the system.
The following night 10-30 the alarm went off again, this time in a different zone, PIR in the kitchen. all connecting doors were closed and no vermin or pets involved.

The friend left the alarm off until I got back so don't know if it would have gone off again.
It was set last night with no issues but set later than times above.
The system is about 18 years old, no problems in the past.

All comments welcome.
Regards, J

Sponsored Links
PS,
No signs or reports of power cuts.
Regards J.

Hi,
Approx 4 years old, will be replaced tomorrow.
I thought the condition of the back up battery would only come into play during power cuts.
If the back up was in poor condition would it cause activations when mains electric has not been interupted ?
Regards.
J.

Sponsored Links
A failing battery can cause many unexplained activations

Hello, can you please tell us if you changed the battery and the problem disappeared? It is good for the next person who finds this topic in the future :)

Hi all ,
New battery and sensor set for one week while away with no issues, hopefully sorted.
Thanks for all responses.
Regards.
J.
PS.
Gim 74, I replied to your post soon after it come up but can't seem to see it on the board.
Regards
J

Hi all, in my house Texecom VERITAS system installed by the previous owner. I have moved recently and noticed that the alarm does not set. After going through different messages in this forum Today I have replaced the battery and pressed reset. However still it does not set. System beeps 5 times with a pause. Any help?

I see, zone 5 is my conservatory. Is there a way to fix it myself or do I need to call out?

I see, zone 5 is my conservatory. Is there a way to fix it myself or do I need to call out?

It has 3 different lihts on it orange, green, and red. So may be PIR.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back