Village post office

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
B

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

Went to the village post office today with three items to post. The man that runs it said he only takes two items on a Monday, as Mondays are very busy. He said he would take them, as I was the only one in the shop. Then they wonder why they are getting shut down!
:mad:

Sponsored Links
for me shut the lot down the only persons who use them are the old bids and dole spungers.

Some post offices are so stuck in the past its unreal. Young people dont go to the post office unless its unavoidable (i know its true of me) since most POs have decor from the 70's, and a crusty old man sat behind the counter behind an old glass screen through which you can hardly hear anything. And you have to queue with the old pensioners who want to draw their entire pension out and then forget their pin number, put their card in the wrong way, drop their money everywhere, then decide they have a parcel to post and cant decide whether to insure it.

And whats with the queing! Nowhere else are you expected to have to queue for half an hour for a simple transaction! We dont have time for post offices! Get some bloody staff and more serving windows!

I hate post offices. Sorry RF Lighting.

You ought to be.

That is an entirely incorrect post on almost every point.

I'm sure with as many branches as there are there will be the odd one which doesn't perform especially well, but the majority are nothing like you describe.

Mr. Bodgit, would you e-mail me with details of the office in question, as it certainly is NOT Post Office policy, and I'm a bit perplexed as to why he would do that.

Just for the record, I hate CO-OPs, as they all have leaking roofs which have brought down half of the suspended ceiling, and there is usually some young kid behing the counter who doesn't even look old enough to sell me alcohol

Sponsored Links
Its lanner post office in cornwall. TR16 6HD He told her indoors not to go there on Mondays if she had lots to post but I did not think three was a lot.

I Like my "local" post office, its great for a bag of £1 coins for parking, oh and posting parcels, i am usually in and out within 5 minutes

I hate post offices too, they are always shabby, contain people who cough a lot and when you get to the counter you find that they dont offer that service here!

Co-Ops on the other hand are even more annoying. Their own brand food isnt that good but they do sell good brands too so its not that bad, apart from the prices. I usually find the staff surly and slow, spending more time chatting than scanning. They also seem completely oblivious as to the purpose of bottle seals and wont let me have more than 2 carrier bags regardless of the amount of shopping i want. They insist on placing obstacles in the aisles and in the entrance so you cant get past the danish pastries, the ceiling is usually stained from the air conditioning and they have poor stock levels.

On the plus side, they are often conveniently located but closed in the morning so you cant get some milk and a sandwich for work.

Other than that, and the checkout operators friends sitting on the bag packing area, they are an excellent addition to the local economy. Fortunately, Tesco are on their way and I can see why they are so successful.

Sponsored Links
Back