Vokera 20-80 RS Turbo Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having an issue with my boiler and wondering if anyone knows the answer.

The pilot light seems to be working fine, but whenever I fire up the burner for the central heating, within about 15-20 minutes there's a click followed by a shut down on the gas.

I'm against going into the mechanics of the boiler itself (leave that to the professionals), but is there anything I can look for as a thoughtful DIYist.

Regards,

Mark.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately not as its gas related.

Usually caused by a lack of regular proper servicing.

A minor check is to turn on a flame on a gas hob and watch the flame size as you turn on the boiler for hot water by opening a tap.

It is unlikely but a small chance the problem is caused by a fault at the gas meter.

Tony

That's done well, over 25 years I reckon. Where are you in the country? Some areas have more knowledgable Vokera engineers than others. If you ring Vokera they'll give you a name or names in the area. Parts might be a problem. They also do a fixed price repair but it's probably a simple fault and that would be an expensive remedy. Current Vokera's have the same pipework arrangement so it'd be a straight swap if you renew.

Did the check. No props with the gas. Just turned the heating on again. Ran for around 20 mins then the burner and pilot shut down.

Been regularly serviced, though the last was about four years ago now. Got the names of two engineers in the Manchester area.

Sponsored Links
They also do a fixed price repair but it's probably a simple fault and that would be an expensive remedy. Current Vokera's have the same pipework arrangement so it'd be a straight swap if you renew.

Are you sure that Vok still do a fixed price repair on the 20-80 David?

Most of the common parts needed are still available.

I don't see it as likely to need any significant parts though.

Tony

Mark, where abouts in the country are you. I know Linthouse in Govan, Glasgow had many; can help you if you are in Glasgow

I'm in Manchester. Got the name of an engineer who can look at it here. I was just wondering if there was some simple fault.

They also do a fixed price repair but it's probably a simple fault and that would be an expensive remedy. Current Vokera's have the same pipework arrangement so it'd be a straight swap if you renew.

Are you sure that Vok still do a fixed price repair on the 20-80 David?

Most of the common parts needed are still available.

I don't see it as likely to need any significant parts though.

Tony

yup, used to be ten years old but heard any age now.

I am impressed with their commitment to Vokera owners!

Most manufacturers seem to stop supporting their models not much more than after 10 years since last manufactured.

However, permanent pilot light boilers really do need proper annual servicing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back