washing maching and dryer outside in the garden pathway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know i must incase the washing machine and the dryer, i have waste and water connection close but can the double sockets be spured from the house or should it run on it's own to the consumer unit ?? many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Very few if any washing machines and dryers are made to operate outside in the garden.

Any outside socket should be appropriate to the environemnt it is used in and be protected by a suitably rated RCD.

You can spur it from a socket provided it is not a spur itself or put it on a separate circuit.

You will need to contact your Local Authority Building Control because such work is notifiable.

Terrible idea - premature ageing of the appliances through rust and corrosion, problem of freezing in the colder weather, loading/unloading issues in bad weather etc etc

Sponsored Links
Terrible idea - premature ageing of the appliances through rust and corrosion, problem of freezing in the colder weather, loading/unloading issues in bad weather etc etc
i did think that but wife said i can do all the washing in the bad weather lol why do they make these wood box units from wicks if it's such a problem for the machines, mind you with the snow we have had in the past not a good idea, i'm just trying to save space in our new 2 bed flat on your quote i wont do it many thanks will :) think of other space saving ways the washing maching will have to stay in kitchen but the dryer can go in the big cupboard under in the hall way it dont used that much any way.

How secure is the pathway ?. Could children get to the machines ? Do you have public liability insurance ?

An inquisitive child climbs into a machine and another shuts the door on him or her. Even worse if the machine then starts.

Similar applies to fridges and freezers ( including scrapped ones ) left where trespassing children can get to.

Jwayne - do not listen to Garethjones - he is an unscrupulous, lying, cheating, thieving charlatan.

Nothing he says can be trusted, and you shouldn't buy from that site of his if it were the last place on earth - they will steal from you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back